Sunday 21 October 2012

Corny Day

Everyone suffered this morning from a late night. Huffle was tired and a little grumpy. I was tired and a little frayed and a little sad about having to cancel my lovely oven. Small was tired and very grumpy and back chatty. Smallest was tired and grumpy and impatient and very Smallestness! We had a late slow breakfast, skyped Grandma and then played table football and the boys played Wii.
Our trees, they were shedding their leaves so fast but I couldn't quite show it in a photo.
This is our tree on our front lawn and all the leaves on the grass have fallen in the last couple of days. Poor Grandad, cleared all these before he left.
We decided to get ready and go out in search of Beavers and Cubs uniform (I rang yesterday to check they were open on Sunday). We got there after a nice rural drive, to find it closed. But, Smallest did comment that the lawns of the scout driveway were nicely mown. It never opens on a Sunday. We went to Oshawa (a thirty minute drive) but I had rung Ottawa (a five hour drive - silly Mummy). Whoops, Huffle not pleased, however we then drove to a big Mall (hear that Aunty A, a big Mall, with Old Navy and American Eagle Outfitters plus lots more). And we went straight to Sears and purchased an Induction Cooker. I have been persuaded that it is fabulous and that I will love it. The only problem is, we have to have new pots and pans as it only uses certain types of pans (the ones that magnets stick to the bottom of). Anyone want any lovely copper based pans? We picked up a frying pan in the sale. The only drawback is, it can only be delivered in December (in time for Christmas Dinner Moo!).
We stopped for lunch in the food mall. Huffle chose chicken teriyaki, the boys chose pizza and I had to have pizza because there was nothing else for me. Huffle went off and got his, Small went to the washroom and Smallest and I got our pizzas. I carried two trays, one of which was not balanced very well. My pizza was slipping from the tray so I asked Smallest to take it "don't let it slip off the............ Plate". Too late. My pizza slipped off the plate and landed face down on the floor. No-one else's, just mine. I sat Smallest down with the unspoilt food and drink, directed Small to the right table, and went back to the counter we got the pizza from.They told me if I found a cleaning lady, she would write me a ticket and I could get more pizza. Interesting. I found a lady, I didn't understand what she said but she wrote me a ticket "something like 'lending a hand' was printed on the ticket". Anyway, I got some pizza. Thank you cleaning lady and 'lending a hand' whoever you are.
We went to a toy shop to see if he kids could spend their money. Small found some Lego and spent his birthday money. Smallest couldn't find anything he wanted (for the money he had) so he came away with nothing. We popped into a chocolate shop and bought something for later.

We drove home, half rural and half urban. Small started building his new Lego and Smallest and I built some Lego Grandma and Grandad bought him. Drew rang and asked if we wanted to go for a walk in the cornfield as she thought it would be all gone soon. We all went (we grabbed Mrs Royal on the way too).

We walked for miles.

Tall corn, lovely clouds

Right across the field, through the corridors of corn. You can just see Smallest battling through

All the way round and then right across it trying to find the Silos (a good marker to work out which direction we were going in.

The corn was very very high in places.

Mrs r leading the way with her tall corn flag
Look, there's a path.
Sumac trees

Who's this corny fella?

This way!

Umm looking good Drew!

 

We were out for quite a while, then we found the Silos,

Smallest ran into a bush of these bloomin' seed heads again. They get stuck in your clothes and are a nightmare to get out!!!

A brief respite from the internal corridors or corn

Ahhh the they are......not far now

The six of us (well our shadows).

 

Massive barn

Those silos are in the middle of the field, so we walked to there and the same again, then round and back again!

Mrs Royal ran home (she was late for something). Drew dug up some potatoes for us and Huffle walked the kids back. When I got home, Huffle and Smallest were arguing. I dragged Smallest to his room, calmed him down, read him some books and he went down and apologised. Not quite sure what happened but all good now.

One of the potatoes had an angry face

We had tea in front of the TV, we tried to get the kids to watch The Voice but they weren't impressed so we had to watch Phinneus and Ferb instead. We caught them watching a whole episode of Top Gear this morning. They love it. Small was telling me about Horse Power today!!!!

 

1 comment:

AA said...

Your angry potato just reminded me I saw this in the Metro the other day and thought of you

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/915441-frown-sugar-sweet-treats-pains-au-chocolat-are-filling-sad

Big mall you say... I feel it would be my duty to visit!

xxxx