Thursday 18 October 2012

You won't believe this but I didn't take one photo today!

Thanks to some very clever people out there, we managed to watch the final of the Great British Bake Off on YouTube. John won. Now that was a surprise but we were pleased. James couldn't have won and Brendan was just a bit old fashioned in his baking. Also thanks to these 'YouTubers' we also manage to catch Celebrity Juice every week. Brilliant, always makes us laugh. Maybe we need to learn how to do this and we can post our strange programmes too.

Nothing much to report today. The three boys went off to work/school. I went out mid-morning and had a look in Homesense and Walmart but was very careful not to buy too much as I forgot that my debit card had been taken away (No, not by Huffle, but by the bank as it was faulty - should have had a new one by now, not sure why I haven't). I have to say it was very difficult shopping with cash. I had to be careful what I picked up (not something I normally do). I was on the lookout for a certain mug for Grandma (didn't have any). I picked up some trainers for Small (but they were too Small, ha ha)..

On the way home my Petrol Light came on, so I drove to the local Petrol Station. At ours, you stay in your car and an attendant puts the petrol in for you. He asked if I wanted my Oil checking. Oh yeah, go on then. He had a cheeky smile as he reappeared holding my dipstick in his hand with a smidgen of oil on it, he put a litre in for me. I said to him "when you ask people if you can check their oil, do you look at the person and decide they look like somene who doesnt ever check the oil?". He smiled and said "sometimes you just get a feeling". when I told Grandad later (I skyped Grandma and Grandad) he said "well that was diplomatic". NB. I have been struggling all evening trying to find the right word, I don't know if diplomatic is the right word but its the best that fits. I'll probably remember it tomorrow.

I had a quick go on my sewing machine, skyped LizzieDotDot and we had a lovely chat. Wish I could have popped round for a coffee though.

I answered some emails and before I knew it, it was time to pick the kids up. I drove to school, waited at Smallest's door (he had forgotten I was coming and was off to get the bus). Then we went to find Small. He was nowhere to be found. He had gone to find Smallest and then come looking for me. Everyone looking for everyone else! We went to the library, swapped our books and came home.

The boys played on the Wii, and table football and then we had dinner just in time for Huffle to come home. After dinner I went for a walk with Drew. It rained, we got wet but it was a good walk. It was dark and all the house lights were on in the village, we got to see inside some lovely homes.

I cut Huffle's hair and then he put the kids to bed. It is still raining. Small and I are off to the Hospital tomorrow morning and Mr & Mrs Royal are coming round to watch Smallest for me till he gets on the school bus. I asked Small what he is hoping the doctor will say tomorrow and he said "just that it is getting better". Bless him.

Smallest at dinner said "today I learnt that these things here in your arm are called Vines!" I said "you mean veins". "No, the teacher definitely called them Vines!" Is that an accent thing or did he mishear?

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lets hope he doesn't get grapes growing in his "vines". Good luck with the docs. I'm taking Grandma and Betty Brownie to The Barn lunchtime for coffee and a sandwich, browse and a natter but have to de-clutter the bedrooms first as Cousin Pest coming home Sunday for his birthday, and we all going out for Sunday lunch in evening, due to unowho's golf commitments. Can't believe he will be 22.

Anonymous said...

Good luck at the hospital, hope it's a simple procedure. I went to the dentist last night for a normal checkup, to be told I have an impacted wisdom tooth that needs to come out and now have a referral to an oral surgeon! Yikes, sounds painful!!!

Hugs
Brenda