Tuesday 16 October 2012

Happy Monkey Smelly Socks

Last night I went to the Garden Club and did a workshop. We made Magnolia Wreaths. For Christmas (a bit early maybe but hey it's supposed to last till then!). I actually went for an hours walk with Drew and Garfunkel. It was a hard walk as I haven't walked for over two weeks, what with Grandma and Grandad being here and various illnesses in the house culminating in the broken thumb!! Anyway, back to the wreath. I had a thoroughly stressful miserable time. I didn't enjoy it, I wasn't any good at it (and for some reason I assumed I would be - I would have been better knitting one I think!). It looked rubbish, we had to glue down the leaves and twist them unnaturally and make them flat, to me it all seemed a bit unnatural. I brought it home (well I did pay $15 for it) and decided to redo it at another time, maybe add some berries and foliage. I picked the reindeer ribbon because I thought the boys would like it but I wish I had chosen a different one now.

The wreath looked better before I touched it.

This morning was back to work for me. Small and Smallest went off to school. Small asked if he could ring me and I asked him to try not to. He stayed all day and I didn't have one phone call. I think he's getting used to it.

I drove to work when I was sure it wasn't going to rain. I spent the morning cutting down Persicarias and deadheading Flox. I stopped for a coffee mid morning to warm up, it was so cold. By 12, I was weak, tired and freezing cold. I came home and had some lunch and watched a bit of TV. Then I had a hot bubbling bath. I felt so much better, but tired. I had a tidy up, did some washing, had a go on the sewing machine, did a bit of jigsaw and started dinner.

The boys came home. Both had had a good day. They had their school photos taken today. I asked them if they did a nice smile. Small said he had to say Happy and Monkey and Smallest said he had to sayHappy Monkey and Smelly Socks (not sure whether I believe him about that one, I wonder if I will be able to tell when the photos come home.). Small is definitely getting used to his thumb, even moving his other fingers now. We played Table Football. Smallest and I against Small one-handed. He beat us twice, the stinker. They played on the Wii until there was too much shouting and fighting and I split them up.

Drew rang to see if I wanted to walk but I told her I was feeling a bit wobbly. Huffle came home (he didn't feel right either) and we all had dinner. After dinner I changed my mind and went out for a walk and tried to find Mrs Royal and Drew. I walked for miles and then I saw them in the distance, too far to hear me. I caught up with them eventually but I had to walk really fast. I think they had a ten minute start on me.

When I got back, the boys were watching TV before bed. Huffle still feels headachey and weird. Hope we are not coming down with something again. The boys had played Table Football against Huffle. They won one game each.

In answer to Aunt Pear's question yesterday. WHAT WAS THE REASON FOR YESTERDAY'S HEADING?Whenever I make Shepherds Pie or Cottage Pie, I sneak carrots in. When smallest was even smaller, Small and I used to tell him that the orange was the Shepherds pants, so that he would eat it. The peppers were his socks, the peas........you don't want to know, etc etc etc etc.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Seems like the boys has a good day but not so much the grown ups. Glad to hear Small's thumb improving. Thanks for explanation, intrigued about the peas though. Went to M&M's last night for delicious dinner and watched The girl with the dragon tattoo, what a sinister film, has made me want to buy the book trilogy, might look on eBay today. Off for eye test later, not had one for a while and I know eyes not so good, might get some new cheap glasses!