Thursday 4 October 2012

Decadence Delivered

We gave Grandad our Fathers Day present last night. We had saved it for him. It was very special.

If he looks a little teary here, it is because Circus Boy was a TV series he watched as a boy and in one episode Grandad cried when Circus Boy left town. Poor Grandad.

I had a night decongestant tablet last night that let me sleep but made me wake up in a fog. It took ages to focus properly.

Today is my birthday. I had two little chimps bounce on my bed and cuddle me lots. They brought my cards and let me open the one from them, then I had a lovely shower. Everyone was downstairs when I came down and they sang Happy Birthday (well I say sang!). I opened my cards and presents.

I had knickers and socks, money, a bracelet, a brooch, coffee and chocolate. We had a lovely breakfast, got the kids sent off to school and while Grandma was getting ready, Grandad, Huffle and I played Deal Monopoly. We taught Grandad how to play and he beat us first time - pah! I had lots of messages, texts, and a skype from Moo and Aunt Pear. We all got ready and went out to a local Garden Centre that advertised 50 - 70% off. Huffle bought me a Hydrangea Perniculata which can be grown into a tree and is so beautiful. I can imagine sitting underneath it with crochet and a coffee (maybe some chocolate).

Have you got one of these Madamme Courvoisier?

We bought a couple of Tree Peonies, a couple of Hostas, a couple of Echinacea and a clematis. Super.

Off we went once the car was packed full of plants to have some dinner.

The poor Hydrangea was wedged between two folks in the back

We went off for some dinner in a lovely place we have been to before. Lovely food, good beer, great company. A lovely birthday dinner.

We walked to the coffee shop so the boys could have ice cream (we were intending to look in the appliance shop but it was shut).

Grandad is a big ice-cream lover (sure you know that by now) and he has only had one here since Tuesday (and that was a home one) so today we let him have a proper one.

Piggy

Sitting on their park bench - peas in a pod

We came home. Dropped the plants off, dropped Grandad off (for more jigsawing), picked up the library books. Huffle went off and picked the up boys (small ones) from school and then took them to the library. Grandma and I went off to an appliance shop and looked at cookers. Then we went and chose a birthday cake. We met a lovely lady called Mindy, Millie or Minty. she liked our accent and just wanted us to talk. she said I could come in anytime to talk and if I needed anything, she would help. Grandma and I had a converstaion about how different the Canadians can be. Some are so sweet and so helpful and then others so rude and disinterested. Suppose it's the same everywhere.

On the way home we saw another appliance shop and popped in there. Very helpful but we think a bit more expensive. We went into the sewing shop too, to look at sewing machines but we got no luck there. The sales assistants contradicted each other, one of them was Don No Quotey's wife. Say no more. They suggested I would need to spend over $600 for what I needed. Oh yes, I can just see Huffle spending that.

We came home. Grandad had nearly finished the jigsaw but not quite. Huffle and the boys were back from the library, dinner made and eaten and homework about to be done. We had a bit of a battle over the homework but it all got done eventually with the help of Grandma and Huffle.

The cake was lit, Happy Birthday sung again, candles blown out three times, pictures taken.

Cake was eaten. Yummy
Now, as I was eating my cake I happened to notice a face. In my cake. Now I see faces in everything. Doesn't everyone? I saw pikachu who then turned into a grumpy teddy. I showed Grandad but he just laughed. Huffle saw it eventually. I posted it on Instagram but no-one commented, perhaps they think I'm strange.

Can you see it? Is it strange that the bears head is bigger than Grandad's?

When I was looking through the boys bags, I came across a notice about their school photos (which is happening in a few weeks time). There is a form where you have to write their name and grade, on the other side you have to chose what pose you want them to do and what colour background. This was a hard thing to decide so Huffle got them to do the various poses so we could see what looked best. Honestly!

Cool

Posed

The boys went to bed. Grandad finished the jigsaw.

Ha. When I say finished, what I really mean is he forced the pieces in until they kind of fit!

BODGER!

Smallest had made something at school and brought it home for Thanksgiving. I thought it was a Robin....

But of course, it was a Turkey.

 

 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad u had good birthday, love pic of Huffle and Grandad 2gether, aahh. Could see teddy head in piece of birthday cake but can't c a thing in cake itself, sorry but have to say cake looks extremely creamy. Ps. Loved Smallest's turkey ......now that I could see!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday Famfa. Sounds like you had a lovely day, lots of pressies, especially like the ones of the garden variety! I can see the teddy too but have no idea what the other thing is, pikachu or whatever it was!! I forgot Canadian Thanksgiving is in October, great timing with Grandma and Grandad visiting. Have they been holding hands yet??

Hugs
Brenda

Sarah Tomson said...

Happy birthday for yesterday the cake looked scrummy and I could see the bear! However only 3 candles ?! I think that may be wishful thinking, hehe! Sounds like you had a fab day .
Have grandma and grandad fallen out? I was expecting to see a holding hands photo too

X