Wednesday 17 October 2012

You're not getting any presents, you've been bad!*

Everyone slept well. Second night in a row that Smallest stayed dry, by himself, getting up when he wants to and not when we lift him. Am very proud. Huffle and I were very tired last night.

Huffle went off to work. Small went off to school (nearly missed his bus because he was SLOW getting his fleece and his bag and whatever else he needs to do). Smallest and I stayed at home. The pool people were due between 9am-1pm so we thought we might go out after lunch but it rained so we stayed in.

Smallest played on the IPad and the Pool people came about 10:00. There were four of them. They were there to close the pool for the Winter. They needed to drain it a bit so there were pipes and water everywhere.

The pool was actually clear, for the first time this year! All because the leaves and debris had sank to the bottom. They secured the cover (better than when we moved in). So nothing to do now till Summer next year.

Smallest had a bath and I had to sit on the toilet (with the seat down!) while he played with his toys (I was allowed to crochet though) and take photos of him as Santa with his beard. (I was the bad one who wouldn't get presents this year - although he might put me on the Watch list). I also had to talk to his bath duck called Bernard.

We played picture Lotto and found a piece missing which just happened to be mine. He blamed Moo and said it was hers and she gave it to us. Naughty Moo!. Funnily enough it was the picture ofthe iron that was missing - Moo is always the Iron in Monopoly because she always used to do our ironing. She doesn't do it now though - PAH, it's not as if we live that far away. Ha ha!
We had some lunch and I got to do more crocheting but only while I watched "chowder" - what a lot of rubbish!.

After lunch we did a Toy Story jigsaw. One piece missing. After searching high and low for the missing jigsaw piece (I have to admit that I did drop the whole box before we started assembling it), we gave up and looked for something else to do.

We played a game of Junior Scrabble, but Smallest got bored so we made words up instead.

This was his word not mine

We played table football, he was very good but I did JUST win. I think if he was taller and stronger he could easily beat me (like Small with one hand!).

Next we played Jenga. We were doing really well.....

Then they tumbled down, all around.

Instead of playing again, we built things using the bricks. Then Smallest stacked them all up again properly.

I think he liked stacking them back up again better than the actual game. Especially as I said it was a pattern (just like Small was learning in Maths). He had too much energy for me to keep up with him so he went outside, played with the basketball and football and then scooted up and down the road.

Then it was ready to get dressed for TaeKwonDo. He had a bit of a practice with me and then watched TV while I got ready.

Small was waiting in the library for me when we got there. He had homework to do so I checked he could manage it and went and watched Smallest.

Small came and got me a few times to help him.

Smallest got a 'power clip' for doing well. He enjoyed it.

We came home and the boys played basketball until Smallest got hit in the face with the ball and had a nose bleed.

They both came in and did some homework.

Huffle came home. I went out for a walk with Mrs Royal and Drew. The sunset was amazing.

One of Drew's trees

I am always dragging behind taking photos.

Sunset over the Beer Store (well near to it)
That sky and those clouds!

Just some lovely seed heads with the sunset in the background

When I got back Huffle and I had soup for our dinner. We put the kids to bed (well he did, I just got to kiss them and tuck them in) and tried to work out why we couldn't watch the Great British Bake Off final. FaceBook, Radio, Internet, newspapers are all trying to tell us who won but we have managed to escape the result so far (please don't comment and tell us, it would ruin the whole series), but are now struggling to watch the very last episode.

I have more crocheting to do, finishing off my cushion cover that seems to have taken forever to do, and was hoping to watch lovely things being baked whilst sewing together my squares. C'mon Huffle, you can mend it.

MESSAGE FOR GRANDAD - Canada got thrashed by Honduras 8-1 and are out of the World Cup. Huffle found that very funny.

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good photos, esp smallest's face as Jenga tumbles, in his marshall arts outfit, Drew's tree and Small holding poorly thumb up and out, unc Pear thinks if he does that when out it wont b long before a parrot perches on it!