Wednesday 24 October 2012

Tae - kwon - do

It was so dark this morning when I woke up. I find it harder and harder to get up when it is so dark.

Huffle went to work. Small and Smallest had breakfast and then Small went off to school. Smallest played on the computer. I blogged, emailed and then we got ready and had a walk/scoot to the middle of the Hamlet. It was cold and slightly damp. The idea was we were going to the hairdressers to get Smallest's mop cut. We had a nice walk there, popped into the bank, Smallest was given a lollipop. The hairdressers was shut so we continued to the park. We bumped into Mr Royal who was out running some errands before going off on holiday tomorrow for three weeks.

The park was empty. Smallest played for a while but he got too cold. He can now swing by himself but still likes me to push him.

We went to school and left a message for Small to remind him I would pick him up and not to go on the bus. We made our way back (it was too early to stop for lunch at the cafe). I wore my lovely comfy boots but because I haven't worn them yet this year, they rubbed the back of my heel really bad and I now have two big blisters. I struggled to walk back. We popped in to see Mrs Royal. We tried to help her with her IPad but it was doing something I didn't know how to fix. She very kindly gave me a voucher to use for tea for two in our local town. Can't wait to use that.

We came home, had lunch in front of a film (Alvin and the Chipmunks II). I couldn't watch the whole film. I was knitting at the same time. Smallest went and had a bath.

Next door came round to ask if her men could come and cut our trees. Yes please. Thank you.

After Smallest was clean and dry and we had dried his hair (that takes a long long time!), he got ready for Taekwondo.

It was still raining. We played a couple of games and then drove to school. Taekwondo was held in the library today as there was a basketball match in the Gym.

 

He had a great time. you can see the concentration on his face. I hope he carries on going. I think it could be good for him. Next week they get to do Taekwondo in their Halloween costumes. That should be interesting. Small did his homework at the same time as watching Smallest.

We came home, the boys had dinner. I warmed up the stew from last night for Huffle and I and when he came home I went and walked (with blister plasters and different shoes) with Drew and Mrs Royal. We noticed that the corn field was being cut. Good job we went out in it when we did. It's a big field to cut!

Huffle and I are feeling tired. Not just a little bit, but a lot. What's wrong with us now? We have started an exercise regime to try and get back in shape and healthier.

 

 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You sound a little flat, perhaps it's downtime after G&G's visit, Small's injury, cooker saga, added to you both not feeling tip top for a while. Good idea to exercise etc, get the endorphins working, I had a look for my bike yesterday but not yet located in garage clutter. Love photos of Smallest, agree it will be a great thing for him to get into and look forward to seeing next week's scary costume session. I have been v lazy, only just woken up and its 10.30, disgraceful.

Anonymous said...

Love that second pic of Smallest, see what you mean about his hair! You could turn him upside down and use him as a mop!! Don't be tempted in Michael's, not without coupons anyway!! As well as the craft area have a look in their art dept for colouring implements too! Me? Too many cutty and stampy things?? I only have two stamps and one inkpad you know, it's all smoke and mirrors, ahem!! I still need you to send me your address when you get a minute.

Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Snort, obviously I've got your email address otherwise I wouldn't have been able to.... email you!! I think you might need some more coffee this morning! I agree that it's very hard to wake up when it's dark, I sit at my desk yawning for ages. I actually got up a 5:45am today!! So, that would be postal please!!

Hugs
Brenda