Wednesday 10 October 2012

Grandma's (nearly) Grand Day Out

I got up to go to work this morning. Huffle went to work. Small went to school. Smallest stayed at home and looked after Grandma and Grandad. I went to work and it started raining, by the time I got there it was really heavily raining. I went up to the house and had coffee with the family and their English visitors, had a chat and came home. Nothing to be done this time of year in the greenhouse, only outside work which is no good in the rain.

I picked up Grandad and took him to the Herb Garden centre where he purchased some oil to get rid of the Lily Beetle. Then we popped to the Bakery to pick up some cakes for lunch. When we got home, Smallest had had a bath and Madamme Courvoisier had been skyped. We checked out Kijiji as we were looking for a Table Football (Small's birthday present). We had some lunch and then I asked Grandma to get ready so we could check out the cookers again. This time I knew which one I wanted (I think). While she got ready I emailed a man (on kijiji) half an hour away to see if the table was available. Aunt Pear skyped and we sang Happy Birthday to CousinD - 7 today - although his cake said he was 199!

Uncle Grump also skyped and told us about his weekend. Grandma and I were about to walk out the door when the Kijiji man emailed and said the table was available and he was there all day. I cancelled Grandmas trip and told Grandad to get ready instead. We all sat the waiting for the man to email again with his address. We did some jigsaw and played some games. Smallest beat Grandad and Grandma at Downfall and then Grandad beat Smallest at Dinosaur Top Trumps.

Smallest and I went out for a quick scoot and walk,

I stopped at the Royals for a chat and then went home in time for another email from Kijiji man. Grandad and I went out, bought the table, brought it back, carried it downstairs, Grandad put it together and Small and Grandad played.

The school rang and said Smallest should be at his TaeKwonDo lesson, we had forgotten and he was late. Grandma and I took him to school, got him quickly changed and watched him in his lesson. He loved it. It was great to watch him. He looked so cute.

We brought him home, decided not to go and look at cookers, played on the table football, then decided we would all go out for Fish and Chips in Whitby. We rang Huffle and told him to meet us there. We had a lovely dinner. Came home, the boys watched TV and then went to bed. Huffle and Grandad played on the Table Football and devised a plan to make a ping pong table for the top.

Smallest read beautifully to Grandma and then Grandma and Small looked through Small's cub book.

BREAKING NEWS...........................

The puzzle is finished.

I have said I will frame it because it is very special and lovely (NOT as Grandma thinks, because I don't ever want to do the damn shiny thing again!!!!!). However, I will say, as a family, we thoroughly enjoyed this puzzle (I won't mention that the boys haven't really even noticed it! - apart from Smallest finished the last four pieces of the puzzle).

Last night Small's friend 'Monty' rang while he was at cubs. I asked if he wanted to leave a message, he said "sure", I asked what would he like to say. He said "errrrrrrrrrr tell him ........". "Errrrrrrr". Then he said goodbye. I told Small to ask him at school what he wanted and what his message was. "Did you ask Monty what his message was?" I asked him. "Oh yes, he said he wasn't good at leaving messages" said Small. "What did he ring for?" I asked. "Oh he didn't say!". Oh okay.

 

2 comments:

Mrs BB said...

Seeing Smallest in his Tae Kwondo uniform reminds me of when Muffin first started xx

Unknown said...

Smallest does look cute in his outfit, aah. Bet the football(not foosball as per Instagram) table gets well used. Ru planning another cooker trip this week? think best to buy when Grandma there for back-up. We had good birthday with cousins D&E, my word that girl eats well. We off bowling and Taybarns(unc Pear's idea) with them Friday as their leaving us do, Next Wednesday back to you Grandma!