Monday 22 October 2012

Totem, Tractors and Ed

Last night after I had blogged already, I had a phone call from the Gas Installer. I thanked him for phoning back when he said he would, but told him we had cancelled the whole order. He asked why and I told him We were appalled by the service we received from TASCO. He said he was sorry to hear that. I also told him that I was advised to get another Installer as a different one would be cheaper. He was amazed this had been said to me and asked for the name of the person who said it. I told him her name and told him that the instruction had come from the Installations Manager. He thanked me for the information and told me if we needed any gas appliance fitting, we could call him direct. Lovely man.

Huffle went off to work this morning. Small went off to school. Smallest and I had had breakfast, he played on the computer, I tidied and did a bit of jigsaw. Then we both got ready and went to the Scout shop again. This time it was open. We met a Beaver.

We bought a waistcoat and hat for Smallest and a shirt for Small. Then we went outside and looked at the totem poles.

Not sure what this pose is. He was happy, honest!

It was very bright, it was a lovely day

Very high totem pole

In a tree

"Take a picture of me with all of them!"

Super fluffy clouds


Smallest was hungry so we left to go and find some lunch. On the way I took a detour and ended up in a supermarket called Freshco (didn't Randy Reg Holdsworth work there years ago on Coronation Street?). Anyway I liked it there. It wasn't busy. Smallest was so very helpful. He chose all the fruit and arranged it in the trolley. A woman stopped him outside and said "who gave you your lovely curls?" He just scowled/smiled at her.

Next we drove to the 'Country Store'. A place where the average age is about seventy. Lots of gifts, some food and a place to have a sandwich. We chose to have a sandwich.

A vision of the future! (It is only apple juice)

Where's my grilled cheese?

After we finished eating and bought a pie for dinner, we checked out the Christmas decorations, I know, I know, it's too early but there are Christmas things everywhere here, you can't escape it. I wanted a decoration with Smallest's name on it as we have a few with Small's on. The closest we could find was 'Ed' and I did think about buying it and writing the missing letters on. In the end we decided we would change his name to Frank as that was the only 'F' name. He decided if he had to change his name, then he would be called 'Bob', which is interesting as that is what Small wanted to name him (or more specifically Bob the Builder).

We went out and played on the park.

Tried out all the tractors.

"No, this one's got no pedal"

"It leans a bit to the right"

"I like the colour but the seats a bit high"

" Yep, this is the one"

Bit of digging

Bit of climbing

 

Time to slide down the pole

Haystack sitting

Ouch, that hurt!

 

Eventually we came home, I had two letters from the court asking me to attend (re. Speeding and not showing my insurance papers) in January next year at a really inconvenient time but if that's when they want me to appear then that is what I shall do!

Smallest had a bath......

......While I finished the jigsaw. Oh no, one piece missing. Grandad, did you take it home? Grandma, did you eat it?

It was a good one to do as there was so much going on. It wasn't overly hard but fun. It is supposed to depict London. It is quite stereotypical though. pigeons, red buses, dirty old men leering at busty babes, window cleaners and women with no clothes on, mary Poppins. You get the idea.

When Small came in the boys played football outside and then went and payed on the computer. I decided to clear the drive of leaves. Many leaves. I piled them all up and then stuffed them in our bin and carried them down to compost corner where Grandad had cleared them all to while he was here. I think his big pile might have blown off the compost heap and on to the grass. Damn. I tried to put mine over a hump in case the wind couldn't be bothered to go there!

I got interrupted by Moo Skyping me and went inside for a chat and a catch up. We had trouble with the connection and gave up but we had a good talk. I got the dinner ready (the boys helped me). Then as soon as Huffle came in, I went for a walk with Mrs Royal. We walked around the Hamlet looking at Halloween decorated houses.

 

 

When I got home, the boys were trying on their new Beavers and Cubs uinforms.

What a pair!

Huffle and I are about to sit down and have Strawberry and rhubarb Pie and custard (made by Small), a pot of Yorkshire Tea and a watch of Breaking Amish. KIDS ARE QUIET AND IN BED!

 

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great photos, boys look happy in new beaver clothes, love ones of Smallest on tractor and totem poles. ps. Is all this walking must b making you super fit? Am in doghouse, borrowed unc Pear's season ticket Sat to buy cousin pest football shirt and appear to have lost it and there's a match tonight, oh dear!

Mrs BB said...

You can decorate your own Christmas tree decorations at Crackpot, the ceramic place we went to. We did it last year. There may be somewhere up your way or you can come to us and we can all decorate xx