Thursday 25 October 2012

Smash n snitch

Finally finished reading the Hunger Games trilogy. Fabulous. Definitely recommend them (very well written). Now I am reading a John Grisham called Theodor Boone. Every now and then I read one of his books. Glad it's nearly Christmas, I have no back up books to read and I like to keep a good store of books as I have to have one I am reading at all times (even though sometimes I don't pick it up for a few days).

The boys went off today as usual. Smallest has his class trip this morning. They went to a place called Natures Bounty.

I took these while the boys were waiting for the bus, the Halloween pictures are stickers onthe window.
After my breakfast, I got ready and just as I was about to go out and have a look at Michaels (a big craft store) and do a general shop, I noticed Moo was on Skype and thought, oh I will just have a quick word with her before I go out. Anyway, the IPad was plugged in (nearly out of charge), so I positioned it on the shelf between the stairs to the basement and the kitchen table. It wasn't very stable as the plug was in the bottom but I balanced it agains a plant pot, turned my back and...............

*******SPLAT*******

It fell flat on its glass right on to the floor. I was devastated. I felt sick. The IPad still worked and Moo was still there. That picture is her saying oooooooh dear. I quickly said what I wanted to tell her and called off and looked for places that could possibly fix it. I spoke to the apple helpline, they quoted $249 plus HST. They suggested I speak to Bell, our Internet provider to see if they could offer a discount but apart for the fact they couldn't understand what I was saying, they only offered to sell me a brand new one! Huffle rang me and I was in tears I was so upset. He found a place only 20 minutes away that could fix it for $80. I rang them and told them I was on my way. I dropped it off (no I didn't drop it again). He said it would take 40 Mins. I looked on the map and found I was only 2 mins drive from Huffle's work so I rang him and he agreed to meet me.

I parked in the wrong car park and got stuck on a road I couldn't get across so he had to try and cross it by foot, which took ages. We drove to a little Greek place and had lunch together. I still felt really sick and angry with myself, but I am so glad it wasn't one of the kids who had done it. In fact, I told Huffle, I wished he had done it and not me. I had a call from the menders to tell me it was fixed and dropped Huffle at work and then picked the Ioad up. Good as new. PHEW.

I drove to a supermarket, got some groceries and then popped to another who and picked up Christmas Presents. Then drove home.

My day has gone nothing like I had planned. I'm tired now (probably emotionally drained).. Came back, put dinner on, put shopping away, had a cup of tea and then before I knew it, it was time to pick the boys up and take them to the library. We picked some new books, had a chat with the librarians and came home. On the way back, we picked up Small's friend and brought him home to play. The boys played basketball and then Wii. I had to get him back at 5pm so I got on with the dinner and then took him back home. I briefly skyped Grandma.

Our grass has completely disappeared under all the leaves

The kids decided to gather the leaves and make a leaf pile.

 

They made it so big and then they hid in it, till Small got a nosebleed! Smallest and I are going to clear the leaves tomorrow and maybe make more leaf piles.

Rake it
Make a pile

.........and hide in it.

The boys had their dinner, Huffle came home and the first thing Small said was "Daddy, Mummy broke the IPad, but don't worry, she got it fixed too". What a snitch.

I walked with Drew and Garfunkel for an hour. Huffle went on the bike while I hit the punchbag. Huffle put the boys to bed, I blogged and made our tea and then we exercised some more before sitting down and watching The Voice. We have also started watching a series called Elementary. Watch it, it is really good. Johnny Lee Miller and Lucy Lui - modern day Sherlock Holmes.

Some photos while on my walk.

The sunset

The moon on a stick

The pink sky

 

P.s. apparently I forgot to say how wonderfully understanding Huffle was. (Well he was!).

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Arghhh! What a sucky day!! Good thing it ended well with a nice walk and a sit down with Huffle. Hope today is better!

Hugs
Brenda