Thursday 11 October 2012

Give the Pumpernickel to the Donkey

Huffle went to work. The boys got up and watched TV. They didn't wake me till 8am. With a loud shout if "Mummy get up, it's late and we'll be late for school, hurry". Thanks for that then!

They went off to school after a game of Table Football. It was cool again today. 5*.

Our first job today was to sort the cooker. We drove to the shop, spoke to a woman who wasn't overly friendly to start with, told her which cooker I wanted. told her what price I was told over the phone, she went off and whispered to her boss. Meanwhile I checked the Internet and found the same one for $100 less somewhere else and as she came back to tell me I could have it for the price I originally asked for. I told her I had found it cheaper elsewhere. She went off again and whispered to her boss for ages. Grandad stalked around the shop looking for beautiful appliances to woo Grandma with and Grandma sat with me. The lady came back all smiles and friendly and said she could do less than the price I found. DONE. It has to be ordered and will be in the shop within 7-10 days and then they will ri me and see what day I want it delivered. WAHOOOOO.


Quick Grandad, Grandma's arm is trapped!

Next we popped to Home Depot to pick up a plug to convert the cooker from Electric to Gas. We sent Gandad off to look while we powdered our noses! W lost Gandad and asked a man who worked there. He took the mickey out of my accent and asked was it for a stove or a range and I said "it's for a cooker". He laughed a lot and said "it's like Tomato Tommatoe". We found the plug, we found Grandad and then made our way to our local town.

We went into the Thrifty Shop and I told Grandma she was not allowed to buy a puzzle (and then I bought one of London). Grandad tried a hat on, laughed at all in one thermal underwear and then Gandma and I stuffed a bag full of bits of material for just a $1. Bargain!

While Grandad went to the bank, grandma and I checked out where to eat. We dismissed the Italian Deli as too fussy and carried on to the coffee shop where Grandad had a huge hot Choclate and a lemon muffin, I had a bagel and cream cheese and Grandma had a soup. With her soup came a Pumpernickel bagel. I asked what was in it to make it so dark. The man (Chinese) said something about it being from the Pumpernickel seeds and that in the olden days they fed it to the donkeys (or something like that). So after that we called Grandma a donkey and she hee-hawed all the way home.

Next we drove to Musselman Lake. I showed them a house we looked at this time last year and we decided it was a good thing we didn't buy it. (For various reasons).

We stopped to look at the lake and take photos and then we went into the Chocolate Shop.

It smelt delicious. I met an English woman there who's best friend lived in Evington in Leicestershire (not too far from where we lived). We chatted for a while.

 

W had an ice cream and sat in the car because it rained.

Next we drove to Bulk Barn (to get some sweets for presents), Canadian Tire for a present, where we lost Grandad again. W realised we were short on time and drove to school to pick the kids up. We had some time to spare so we dropped off Grandad and he fixed the back door. Grandma and I went back to school, picked up the kids and took them to the library. She chose Smallest's books with him. I got to rest and watch.

We came home, started dinner. The boys (all of them) played table football while they waited for dinner to be made, grandad and small did Small's math(s) homework on the computer.

ClownRose and BabyMo came round with mine and Small's birthday presents. Small got two books, a balloon and some chocolate. I got a lovely scarf and a mint plant adorned with photos of me, BabyMo, Small and Smallest. Lovely.

We had a huge pie dinner and a pie pudding. We cleared up. Quiche (Grandad's friend came round and they sat down in the basement chatting and catching up.

Whilst reading to Small tonight (Harry Potter) it talked about an Heir. Grandma and I tried to explain to him what an Heir was and we said "if Daddy had a castle and he died, you would get the castle as you are his Heir". He looked very happy until we said "calm down, Daddy doesn't have a castle". He was upset, he got a bit carried away I think!

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Think you need to tag Grandad as he seems to get lost often. Cooker ordered, brilliant and at a good price well done Team. Glad to see you're keeping up the family holiday tradition of a icecream a day. x