Tuesday 9 October 2012

Four Jumpers, a Haircut and some chicken

Huffle went off grudgingly to work. The boys went off to school. Grandma, Grandad and I had a slow breakfast and then got ready and went out. Grandma and I went in a cooker shop while Grandad perused the shelves of Home Depot. I almost ordered a cooker (which would have been here Saturday) and then I thought it would be better to get Huffle to come in and look (luckily they open till 8:30pm - oh he will be pleased) as the prices change and to add just a couple of $100 you get so much more for you money.

Next we drove to a Mall down the road. We left Grandad for an hour. We looked around and bought a few things and met Grandad. He had bought two jumpers and had a haircut.

He was especially happy about the man who cut his hair as he cut a bit and then stalked his hair, cut a bit and then stalked him again. Looks very neat. We all went and had some lunch. G & G had KFC and I had a Falfal wrap (totally vegetarian - even the falafel was cooked on The veggie side of the grill). However, part of the way eating through it, I looked to see what was in it so I could tell Grandma, and I found a piece of chicken. Made Grandad try it to check and it was. I took it back. They were very sorry and didn't really know what to do. I asked if they could make me another and asked how they thought the chicken got in there. It was fairly busy when I was there before so a bit must have fallen in mine. Tut tut. My second one was made (I watched it being made very carefully so as to spot anything that shouldn't have been there!). Grandad then went and tried a yogurt ice creamy thing. It was okay, nothing special.

We went in search of a Homesense as last time we were in there we found a lovely mug which was on sale (it wasn't till later that we realised it was a Jamie Oliver one). W found Homesense and left grandad again. We found two mugs (both even more reduced than the other day). Found Grandad and he had bought two more jumpers. We had a look for more mugs in one more shop but they had nothing.

We drove home the scenic way. Once home, we had a cup of tea and a biscuit. Grandad modelled his new jumpers.

Man at C&A
Man at Dorothy Perkins
Man at John Paul Gautier

Man at Littlewoods Catalogue

Then he got on with the jigsaw. Grandma had a little snooze (snore). The boys came home, had a fight, got sent out to play. Grandad played football with them.

 

While Grandma did the jigsaw, the rest of us went to visit the Beer Store. The boys had their dinner. Small went to Cubs. I took Small and we got there early. Then we realised we were in the wrong place. Silly me, I read the email wrong. I dropped him off and went home and had soup for dinner.

I caught Grandad, through the window, sneaking some more puzzle time

Smallest watched what he wanted to on the TV without his elder brother there to bother him.

Huffle fetched him back. Small got his first badge. For orienteering. They boys went to bed. The rest of us played cards till bedtime.

 

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just how many leaves can you get in a photo? Starting to worry about Grandad, perhaps it Is all that Canadian beer! Speak later when we do the birthday cake, just waiting for the birthday boy to arrive. xx