Friday 26 October 2012

Wink, Walk, Park, Pink

Smallest woke in the night crying. I went in to see what was wrong and he was complaining of a hurt leg. I rubbed his leg and went and got some pain relief, while I was downstairs getting the Tylenol (Calpol), Small had gone into his bedroom and was consoling him. Small whispered to me that Smallest had a very wet quilt. I asked him if he had wet but he said no he had been to the toilet. His bed was wet but he was inconsolable and really upset that he had done it. We only said that night how well he had been doing. I told him I wasn't upset and that it was just one of those things. Small was fabulous, saying things like "Don't worry, I wet my bed when I was eight, didn't I Mummy" and winking at me behind Smallest's back. Bless him, he has a very kind heart. Huffle was woken too and we all sat in Smallest's room, remaking his bed and trying to make him feel better. Once settled we all went back to bed. Of course I then lay awake for ages afterwards. My knee hurt from cycling and my foot was killing me from walking. I have decided to stop walking for a bit and see if I can get my foot better, also I am going to see a Podiatrist and take Small with me. He also is complaining of hurt heels! Also we were woken at 5:30am by the bloomin' freight train going past. Which not only makes a lot of noise moving but also has to hoot his horn fifty times to make sure no one is on the track - AT 5:30am WHO WILL BE WALKING ALONG THE TRACK!!

Huffle went off to work. Small started to go to school (yesterday I bought him some trainers and left instructions for him to try them on, he tried one on but not the other but didn't tell Huffle or me!). He got to the end of the drive and shouted, my shoe on one foot is slipping off. REALLY? I threw his other trainers at him and he stuffed them in his bag. I can't take them back now he has been outside in them. WALLY!

Smallest and I had breakfast, he got washed and dressed and then played on the computer. I tidied, read and then Drew rang and asked if we wanted to walk later. I told her I couldn't but then Smallest decided he wanted to go to a park so we picked Drew up on the way and drove to a park in our local town. We went for a walk first. It was windy and the leaves were blowing all over the place. I wasn't cold though and the sun was out.

Raining leaves
We watched the Canada Geese practising their flying. There were many.

Lovely berries
We walked as far as the path went and then turned round and went back again. Smallest went on the park and made Drew sit at a tiny table and they shared some raisins (well I think he gave her two!).

More lovely berries
Grasses around a pond
Climbing
Drew and Smallest talking through the megaphone things

The water park (it wasn't on obviously)

We then drove to the Thrifty shop but there was nothing in there for us today. We went to the supermarket and all did a bit of shopping.

Drew wasn't feeling too well so we came home. Smallest and I had lunch watching TV, and I crocheted. We sorted out his clothes, put away summer clothes and put current clothes in the drawers and wardrobe. Then I changed some of the bedding and put Small's clothes away for him (only because of the thumb).

Smallest and I decorated his pumpkin (Drew gave him some Mr Potato head kind of things but for pumpkins). We had a lot of fun but it had turned cold so we didn't stay outside too long.

Small came home and we got ready for swimming. Opposite where they swim there was a house that was all decorated ready for Halloween.

The boys thought it was great, now they want more decorations.

Smallest had a great lesson and had his mid term progress report. He has good stamina and is doing well. There a few things he needs to work on but they are very pleased with him. GOOD!

We drove home, Huffle arrived at the same time. We had dinner together. Small now has a wobbly tooth and is in a lot of pain. We had tears tonight. I think everyone is tired. Early to bed for everyone and a nice lazy weekend. As far as I can think, we have nothing much planned for the weekend.

Small watched TV and Smallest and Huffle played table football.

We got an email from Grandad who is taking part in something for Breast Cancer and had to wear something pink. He went one better..........

 

Oh Grandad! Very camp! Actually it suits you although smallest said you look like a girl!!!!

Cooker update: we got a cheque yesterday for the original cooker but the Installation fee was missing. Huffle emailed them and asked them to send the extra $113 ASAP.

No comments: