Thursday 21 November 2013

An Angry day

I slept so well last night that when I unwillingly woke up I actually felt like I could sleep the same sleep all over again. When I came downstairs I was all of-a-dither. I tried to take the toaster from the fridge and the milk from the pantry. Huffle worked from home because his car 'The Hunk of Junk' was in for a service at the local garage. I helped him roll his winter tyres to the car with my PJ's on (this is getting to be a habit!). The boys went off to school with the correct lunches, unbelievably, and I got ready for work. This is the first day that I didn't actually want to go to work, though once I was there I was fine. I wore my thermal underwear for the first time today as I wasn't sure if we would be outside working, we were in the greenhouse but I still needed them. Today we got to pot many many pelargoniums, some of which were tiny little things. Coffee break was a lovely cup of steaming fresh coffee and two pieces of brownie (not the brownie I have ever tasted, though it was amazingly mouthwateringly fabulous) but I was assured it was 'real brownie'. I left around 12:30 after counting and sorting bulbs for a customer who bought 300 bulbs, that'll take some planting.

Once home Huffle informed me there was a message on the computer for me. It was from Santa. He said I had funny hair (it was a photo of me when I was about 9, with huge front teeth and a wonky fringe my mum, Moo, had cut for me). I drove too fast (what?) and was a procrastinator. I questioned the word's meaning (thinking it meant 'I wouldn't let it lie') but Huffle thought it meant 'swearing' (the cheeky B@57@rd - I don't swear!) but in actual fact meant 'delaying in taking action' - well that's not me then is it Santa? Suffice to say that he put me on the naughty list and I wont be getting my much wanted present this year. Maybe next year he said. BOO HOO :(

We drove to Whitby in order to get our digital fingerprints and police checks done for our final preparation for Residency or extension to work permit. Whitby was the place, said the website. OH NO IT ISNT! Huffle walked away in a rage and refused to get any of it done if he couldn't get it all done in one place. Oh Dear, he was not a happy bunny! However, we went for a lovely lunch anyway in an Italian pizzeria we like. We sat and talked about the pro's and cons of moving here (for Wonder Woman - one day I will write it all down).I couldn't eat all of my pizza and had to bring it home (I wonder if that's because of the brownies?). On the way home we popped to a salubrious area to look at a discount shop where they 'rescue things others have sent back' (their words) - we saw a flyer for this place the other day. It was interesting and some things were very cheap but we didnt buy anything.

It was certainly an adventure

We came home with just enough time for a quick cup of tea before the boys came home and we ran off again to attend the Parent/Teacher Interviews at school. We met all three of their teachers, all very happy with the boys work, lots of positive things to say about them, apart from Small has a tendency to be loud and is constantly being moved to stop him talking too much. The latest move is with the girls (it may stop him, he thinks girls smell still!). When he was a toddler he had his hearing tested as he always shouted and sometimes didn't hear. His hearing was perfect. If I whisper chocolate he hears from the other end of the house but if I ask him to tidy his room, he can't hear! Selective hearing, but why the shouting?

On the way home Huffle picked up his car with new brakes. It needs extra work next week. Huffle made the boys dinner and we sat down to write two emails of complaint. The cooker people said they would ring between 24-48 hours after my phonecall and they hadn't rang. So we sent an email to Sears saying that it was their responsibility to get Samsung to give us some customer service and then one to Samsung saying we wanted a new cooker and a reply by tomorrow.

The boys had their dinner and we all played table tennis. We were interrupted by the Loft man ringing to see if he could come round tomorrow as we wanted some work done on the basement. YES!

The kids watched TV and Huffle watched Cricket and I had to write this whole bloody post again because it disappeared. OMG it has certainly been one of those days!!!!

Aunty A sent us this photo after reading yesterday's post. She said she couldnt get a card that said what she wanted. Ahhhhhhh thanks AA x

2 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

I will look forward to reading your list xx well done boys xx

Unknown said...

Clever boys, wonder who they get it from!! Sounds like the boys had a good day, not such much the grown ups. Be interested to see the pros and cons list one day. x