Wednesday 27 November 2013

Out of Office!

During the night it snowed - BIG. Though not as much as the forecast said. Everywhere was covered though and it looked like the snow plough had been along the road. The boys thought it was exciting and started plotting how they were going to make their snow fort! Smallest put his snow pants near the door ready as yesterday he wasn't allowed on the field without them. That was my fault of course, even though I reminded him the night before. I had to get myself up and dressed early today as the plumber was due to arrive at 8:30am.

The plumber and his mate arrived with a huge truck full of 'stuff'. The boys went off to school in full snow gear, snowballed each other whilst waiting for the bus and fell over a few times.

The plumber found a leak in our well. I went off to my exercise classes. I had my aerobics stuff on, joggers to the knee and had to put my wellies on which didn't look great. The classes were hard and I was tired and distracted but I enjoyed it. I dropped my car off at the garage on the way home and they gave me a lift back. Then I cleared the snowy drive which was exhausting after an hour and half class. Still it is done now and as long as it doesn't snow again its fine.

I had a shower, lunch and then walked to the garage to get my car. On the way, a man from the council (or whatever they are called here) was gritting the paths. Now they only go up to the start of the Royals drive (two doors away) and not past it and up to us, so I asked him if he could go further. "Oh no, thats the homeowners responsibily, call the "whatever number" and get them ticketed for not doing it!" NO, I'M THE HOMEOWNER, I DONT TO GET MYSELF TICKETED. the man found this hilarious. I bumped into ClownRose and we promised to meet up soon.

Winter tyres on and an oil change. Wahoo, ready for Winter now. When I came back the plumber had finished. An Ultra Violet system in to remove all bacteria from the water and a Reverse Osmosis tap in the kitchen to take out everything and leave lovely pure drinking water and a valve on the well to stop it leaking temporarily. In the Spring he will have to crawl down the well and sort it from there. YUK! PERFECT.

I skyped Moo and we had a good chat. She is very excited about our snow and hopes there will be plenty more for when she arrives in just two weeks. After a bit of knitting I went and picked the boys up from school early and took them to the dentist.

The dentist and hygienists are lovely there, in fact all the staff are. "No Cavities" says the dentist. I honestly dont expect any at their age but apparantly kids normally do get them here. Too much pop and sweets. Smallest tooth is not far from coming through and Small needs to brush better.

We came home, ate dinner (Huffle arrived at almost the same time as us) and then Huffle wrote to our dedicated contact at Samsung complaining about the lack of communication. Would you believe it............ Our contact is on holiday until the 5th December, which happens to coincide with our end of warranty agreement with Samsung. I hope that is a coincidence and not meant!!!!

 

 

No comments: