Thursday 28 November 2013

Oompa oompa oom pa pa

A photo from yesterday outside the dentists

Last night we watched IACGMOOH - so funny, so emotional, such good entertainment. Ant and Dec are turning into morecambe and Wise but are a fabulous double act. I particularly like watching their faces when the tasks are going on. It was very hard not to feel for the celebrities whose nearest and dearest turned up and very hard not to laugh at the critters on the 'Roach Tour'. LOVE IT!

Smallest woke us in the night. A small accident but only enough to warrant a change of PJ's. When he went to bed he had a small rash on his body which was itching. Today when he got home from school it had dried up but was still sore looking. We tried sudacrem and today put on an antiseptic cream. He said he couldnt go to the doctors tomorrow as he was singing in assembly. We will assess it in the morning.

I awoke this morning after a very strange dream. I also felt like I hadn't had nearly enough sleep. No more snow though thank goodness. The boys went to school but not before throwing a few snowballs at each other.

Who me?

Huffle worked from home after taking his car back to the garage for an air filter change and something to do with his battery. I went off to work. I didn't feel like it again and I have come to the conclusion that going to work on a Thursday is harder than a Tuesday. By Thursday, the week is nearly over and invariably I'm tired. Still, we worked in the greenhouse today and had a good laugh. We took cuttings of pelargoniums, cactus, succulents and a plant called cockatoo which had a curious flower. Coffee break was coffee and oatmeal chocolate cookies YUM YUM! I came home about 1pm when we ran out of soil.

Huffle and I had lunch together before he got back on with work and I cleared a bit of snow, bought salt for the water softener and salt for the drive and then salted a nice path for the boys to walk on as the drive has become quite slippy.

I made a soup for dinner, Huffle worked on. We walked to the garage to get huffle's car and drove home. The boys came home, made lots of mess and noise, and played upstairs in each others rooms. Small did his homework and Smallest read his school book to me.

I had a skype call from my lovely Friend 'York'. We haven't spoken for ages so it was lovely to talk to her and the signal was really good. We had dinner and then all played table tennis. The boys watched TV before bed. Poor Smallest went to bed coughing like a seal again. I put Vicks on his chest (next to the antiseptic cream for his spots), propped up his pillow and left him some water. (He already had a hot lemon and honey which he said tasted soooo good). He fell asleep instantly but cried when he was reading his bedtime story. He said he didnt want to go to school tomorrow in case he coughed while he was singing. Bless him. I told him he didnt have to go to school if he was poorly and if he did go to school histeacher would understand if he coughed or if he really didnt want to sing while coughing.

We have had no contact from Samsung re our cooker so Huffle sent another email off to complain and had a reply saying that they could do nothing on email and we should contact them by phone. OH DEAR! Huffle then spent over an hour and half on the phone to Samsung. To cut a long long story short, I now have to call Sears to get a report of the work they have done and email it to Samsung with our receipt and they will escalate the problem and get back to us within 24-48 hours with a decision on replacing the cooker Aha!

More IACGMOOH tonight. Brilliant.

A lovely Christmas card we received from England.

 

2 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

I don't know where I read this but if you put the vapour rub on the soles of your feet and. Then put socks on when going to bed, it will stop you coughing! Might be worth a go xx

Unknown said...

What a good idea about the Vick. Mum brought Grandad an I up on Vick so will give it a go next time get cough, etc. loved the photo of the boys snowballing with Sun in the background.x