Friday 22 November 2013

TOMAYTO / TOMARTO

Today was a PA day (this doesnt stand for Parents Annoyance day as someone at knitting said) in fact I don't know what it stands for but it means the kids are off from school. I dont know why I wasnt prepared for this but I only knew mid week. Anyway, the kids let me sleep in a bit though they were starving when I came down at just before 8am. We had breakfast, which Small made for us, and once they were clean and dressed, they played on the computer.

We drove to a local town and we went to knitting. Lots of people there, it was full and noisy. The boys were good and played on the Ipads. On the way home we went for dinner at a breakfasty place. The boys had cheese burgers and I had a small plate of fries and an egg which I asked for Easy Over instead of Over Easy. I asked the next table "can I take your Tomato Sauce please?" To which they said "its called Tomayto Ketchup here". OH REALLY - WANT SOME OVER YOUR HEAD MISSUS?. There was an old man next to us who smelt very bad and Small said he was pouring sugar on his butter. We didn't stay long. While we were in there I got a call from the cooker engineers who asked if they could send an engineer. I refused and told them we had put in a complaint to Sears and Samsung and that they were dealing with it now.

On the way home, the boys started arguing about the arm rest in between them. It resulted in a punch from Small to Smallest. I pulled over and stopped the car, made Small get out and shouted at him to never ever do that again. I then told them to apologise to each other and said I didn't want to hear them again all the way home. Once home, I sent them to their rooms and told them to think about how difficult it was to drive with them fighting and arguing in the back. Small also did his homework.

In the meantime I got a call from Samsung who had received the complaint and wanted to send an engineer. I was fuming. Anyway, to cut a very very long conversation very very short, I agreed to let them send an engineer but we now have one person who we can call on to keep a track on everything. Not convinced this will sort anything but I don't have much choice. Not long after, the engineers rang and we agreed on Tuesday. Apparantly they will call between 8:30-9:30 to tell me when they will be there so I don't have to stay in all day. However, they had no idea that any engineers had been before or any work done so I don't hold out much hope for it to be sorted anytime soon.

Smallest came downstairs first and was vey sorry and understood what was wrong with fighting in a car. We started a game of Tumbling monkies. Then Small came down to show me his homework and to tell me how sorry he was to me and Smallest. Bloody pair! We carried on the game and then we had a visit from Loftman and his wife. I explained what we wanted done in the basement. He is going to give us some quotes. We have a problem with water coming down one of the basement walls (sometimes) so he wants to investigate that too. He thinks we need flashing on the roof between the house and the sun room. I asked him to look at our chimney too. He said that needs extra flashing to divert the water from the chimney and into the eavestroughs. I rang the man who cleared the gutters the other day and asked him if he had seen the state if our chimney as it has been raining most of the day. He seemed unsure and I felt he fobbed me off. When I spoke to him further he said he knew what to do but again I am not convinced.

The boys and I set up the Scalextrix in the loft and played for a while until they started arguing again. I sent them to their rooms and told them is is how it would be from now on. Any arguing and whatever they were doing would stop, they would go to their rooms and come out when they were ready to apologise to each other. One day off and they are at each others throats!!!!!!

We went off to swimming lessons after a bit more scalextric. The wind and rain was awful and it was starting to get really cold. The lessons were good. Small seemed to do well apart from a few dodgy dives. Smallest was struggling with Whip Kick - not getting his legs right. They seemed to work on it for most of the lesson and three different instructors tried to help him. Bless him, I cant do it!

We came away and by the time we got home in more horrendous wind and rain, Huffle was home and had made the boys their tea which they ate in front of the TV. We discussed our days and were both thoroughly fed up with all of it. Good points were that Huffle had got his emissions test done on his car and his secreatry had found a place for us to get our fingerprints and police checks done at the same time.

I think this week has been a particularly hard week for us and we are well and truly fed-up. Oh well, it can't all be lovely can it?

 

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

It has been one of those weeks for us too. It can only get better from here!! Chin up xx