Friday 15 November 2013

Ralph

Huffle and I were just about to go to sleep when he heard a noise. Huffle said "Oh no, that's not a good noise, Small is being sick and I don't think he made it!". Poor Small had not made it out of his bedroom before he was throwing up. I'm sure you don't want details, but it was very 'splashy' and it was up his door both sides. Luckily we don't have carpets. Neither Huffle and I are very good with sick. Armed with bleach, mop, bucket, disinfectant wipes, kitchen roll, fabreze, Lavendar room spray and towels we spent the next half an hour clearing, cleaning and scrubbing. Both of us wretching at the smell and content. Small got himself cleaned up and back to bed. Smallest woke up and said "Small is being sick. I would come and help but I'm so very tired".

Everyone slept from then on though it was a struggle to get up this morning. Huffle had to go to work as he had a day full of meetings. When I came downstairs Small looked frail, laid on the sofa but was starving. I made him a crumpet with honey and he ate it and a drink and then lay on the sofa again. He immediately wanted another one and whoosh, what a miraculous recovery. He cleaned his teeth, got changed and even made his bed and opened his curtains (I promised them a $1 if they did a week of curtains and bed). He asked to play on the IPad and said he was going to school. I let him play and he seemed fine until it was time to go and then he appeared all frail again. I hate the way he does this, it makes it very difficult to know if he is properly sick or 'playing me'. He went anyway and I wrote my mobile number in his agenda in case he wanted to come home.

I put the recycling out, had breakfast and gathered my many knitting projects together. I wasn't expecting to go after last night so I wasn't prepared. On the way I popped into the Municipal building in town and grabbed a water bottle so I could get our well water tested. There were five of us today at knitting today. Me and Dammit were both working on our Christmas stockings and laughing a lot while I got El to try on new nail polish that had arrived to see what it was like. It was way past 12 when I came away and drove home. I HATE THE DRIVING HERE - IT DRIVES ME CRAZY! My driving is fine of course, it is others peoples that is really annoying ha! I popped into the expensive shop, where Huffle doesn't let me go! and bought pizza dough for tonight. I bumped into Drew whilst in there (haven't seen her for ages so we had a lot to say).

I had my lunch, sorted and folded washing, found a new thing on ITVPlayer to watch called 'Breathless' and prepared dinner for later. MrHandyman popped round to look at our chimney and gutters. He is coming back next week to sort, though Huffle is not convinced he is the right person for the job!

The boys came home. Small felt better but not well enough to swim. Huffle came home early and we all went to swimming lessons. Small took part in the theory bits and watched Smallest for the rest of the time. Smallest did some belly flops but his dives are looking better. He did some strange dolphin stroke which Huffle said made him look more like a manatee. We won't mention Barry Beaver!

Once home (Huffle had set the oven for the pizza again) we had pizza in front of the film captain America (wow we are getting through our superheroes). We managed an hour.

The boys went to bed (small earlier than normal) and Huffle and I watched TV with our tea. I forgot to mention that Small came down early evening yesterday crying with tummy ache and bumped into my tea and spilt it on the floor (more mopping) and broke my lovely Union Jack Mug I got for Christmas last year. Sob sob.

I have just realised I have no photos of today. Arrrggghhhh I must be ill.

4 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

We were never really used to sick until little miss came along. She is the queen of sick and it always amazes me how much there is !!

Sarah Tomson said...

Poor small hope he recovers quickly, and poor you I hate cleaning sick up and it always takes forever! (Glad you didn't take photos of that!)

X

famfa said...

Oh damn - missed opportunity x

famfa said...

Eeeuuuuuuggghhh. I sympathise