Saturday 2 November 2013

Lav IS a word!

A pancake breakfast started our day. Piles of fruit, thick thick pancakes (made from the biggest bag of flour in the World) and lashings of maple syrup.

It had rained again all night and was still raining in the morning. Still, a bit of rain never hurt a good gardener, so Grandad, Huffle and I went out into the garden. Grandad planted Iris bulbs, cut back stems and tidied up the fire pit. Huffle put away pots, solar lights and generally cleared and I planted Daffodils and Arum bulbs, raked leaves onto the beds and sorted the compost bin. We were very happy with the work we did and came in and got showered and warm whilst Grandma and the boys tidied bedrooms and put clothes away.

Grandad and Huffle watched the football on TV, the boys played on the IPads and Grandma and I played cards and Scrabble.

For dinner (which was mid afternoon due to pancake overload) we went to a Chinese Buffet. Unfortunately it was closing in 20 minutes so it was a bit hurried. Everyone ate well (Small and I weren't overly keen though) and the puddings and cakes were lovely. Grandma even stashed some in her handbag for later. Grandma asked for tea and she was shown a tea chest full of flavours. She chose wisely and really enjoyed it. While we were in there Smallest got a really bad earache and went quite red cheeked. He managed two small bowls of ice cream with various sauces and sprinkles though. Huffle decided to take him home for some medicine and Small went with him. I took the Seniors to Canadian Tire where I tried to take my trees back but they wouldn't accept it as it was a different store. I left Grandad in there and took Grandma to Winners. I bought a Christmas present and then dropped Grandma at Walmart while I picked up Grandad. We all met in Walmart, then drove to the other Tire for my trees and left the Seniors in Dollarama (where your present was bought Aunt Pear tee hee). I got my money back for the trees - hurrah.

We drove home. Smallest had been given medicine, went to bed, got up, felt sad, had cuddles, lay on the floor, lay on his bed, did a puzzle, gave up, didn't know what to do with himself and sat on the sofa cuddling Huffle. Small played on the Computer. He cuddled me when we got home and within five minutes was busy fighting Grandad!

The boys did their computer maths before TV and bed. The clocks go back tonight.

All the grow ups but me fell asleep - lazy lurkio's.

 

 

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

Those pancakes looked fab!! Hope Smallest is feeling better soon xx