Tuesday 19 November 2013

New Rule

IACGMOOF (Im a celebrity get me out of here) last night, caused Huffle to sit on the sofa with a blanket around his face. He was laughing so hard we were worried he would wake the kids. He seriously laughs and laughs so much, he hurts himself. I couldn't look when Joey and Matthew were eating willies and balls and Scorpions. Huffle though, halfway through said he needed a break as he had laughed too much. The poor pair have to endure the next challenge too. The British Public are cruel. I wanted them to pick others as I thought they tried really hard but knowing how this programme works, Matthew and Joey will be chosen until they break down.

The boys nearly missed their bus again today as it was slightly early. They were at the door getting their coats on so we saw it and they ran out. I had my breakfast and then got ready for a forest walk with No Custard.

It was quite cold but once we got walking we soon warmed up. We never stopped talking all the way and we walked for about an hour and a half. We were both tired so we walked a bit slower today. There was still a sprinkling of snow on the forest floor and it was beautiful. Unfortunately NoCustard lost her hat in there.

This afternoon I washed and changed all the beds and made two soups for dinner. While I was in the middle of making the soups, the cooker decided to error message again. Nothing worked, everything beeped, lots of lights came on and then it went dead. Then it all came back on again. So I rang Sears who have been out three times already and fixed the problem twice. Each time the same problem occurrs. However, this time when I called, Sears informed me that because the appliance is still under warranty (as it was the last three times I called) I needed to speak to Samsung and they would deal with it. WHAT ABOUT THE ENGINEER WHO DID ALL THE WORK BEFORE? Its a new rule as of 4th November. WHAT ABOUT ALL THE RECORDS OF PREVIOUS PHONECALLS? Its a new rule as of 4th November. BEFORE YOU TRANSFER ME TO THEM ARE YOU GOING TO PASS MY FILE ON SO I DONT HAVE TO GO THROUGH THREE PHONE CALLS AGAIN? I will do my best to tell him what has happened and you will have to do the rest as its a new rule as of 4th November. ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH. So you can imagine, already I am wound up and ready to scream. After a long hold listening to that goddamn awful music again I am put through to a man who wants to know how he can help. I sigh loudly before speaking. I think he gets the message as he doesn't speak much after that, just processes a service request for 20 minutes, occasionally reassuring me that although he is not speaking he is actually working on it for me. Eventually he gives me a number and I am put through to someone else who asks for my service request number. I give it to them, they say there isn't anything for that number and repeat it to me wrong, I give them the correct number and we are friends. She likes my accent, where am I from, oh England I thought so. Here is another number. WHAT IS THIS NUMBER FOR? Someone will call you and ask for it, this will be the appliance engineers. OH GOODY, SOMEONE NEW WHO HAS NO IDEA WHAT HAS GONE ON BEFORE. do you want their phone number she asks. WHY WILL I NEED TO RING THEM? no they will ring you within 24-48 hours. THEN NO I DONT WANT THEIR NUMBER. GOODBYE. WHY WHY WHY WHY...........

I finished making the beds, sweeping the floor which I was doing while on hold and huffing and puffing and sighing lots. Luckily the soups were done, just needed warming and the cooker appeared to be working again.

The boys came home and we went to the library. Huffle came home early to do some scanning for our residency. We now have to get a police check for this country and digital fingerprints done. I had to get my police check done for here so I can volunteer at school. It came back yesterday and I am clear to work with children.

Once we had eaten dinner, while Huffle was scanning the many documents needed for residency, we moved Smallest's room around. Of course, the places that furniture had to be swept and cleaned but it looks much better. He is very particular about where things go. He now has a corner with his beanbag and cushions next to his book shelves for chilling in. Funny boy.

Smallest and I played a board game in his Beano and Huffle was a human dice. Small is definitely feeling better. He is full of beans, chattering away like a chattery thing and eating almost normally. Phew, thank goodness.



 

No comments: