Tuesday 26 November 2013

Throwballs Snown

For some reason Huffle and I couldn't get to sleep last night. It seemed incredibly warm. How come? It was freezing outside! Anyway, I didnt want to get up this morning (do I ever?).

I had to cancel my tuesday walk with NoCustard today because of the cooker man coming.

The boys, all dressed for winter, went off to school. I waited in for the cooker man to call. He actually rang at 9, said he would be there between 9am and 11am and turned up at 9:15 - RESULT! Of course, he had no idea what was going on with the cooker so I had to tell him the whole history. He took the back off the cooker, scratched his head, sucked in his breath, put the back on and said "I'll ring you when I know what the problem is!" I asked him if he could get us a new one. "No Way, your warranty has expired". OH NO IT HASNT, NOT UNTIL THE 4th DECEMBER AND EVEN THEN WE HAVE AN EXTENDED WARRANTY FOR A FURTHER TWO YEARS! Oh yes, well it won't be exchanged, our policy is to get it fixed. YES WELL YOU SEEM TO BE HAVING A BIT OF DIFFICULTY THERE DONT YOU! Actually he was realy nice and helpful and I didn't lose it with him. I haven't heard from him today and I haven't heard from the Samsung lady who said she would be my contact and keep in touch at all points!!! RIGHTEO THEN!

Huffle and I decided we would go fingerprinting and police checking today, so I went out mid morning and did some food shopping and a bit of Christmas shopping, came home, put everything away, started my lunch and then got a message from Huffle saying he would be there earlier. I grabbed my grapes and jumped in the car. I followed my sat nav but only had time to put in the road I wanted. It was a straightforward journey until I got to the road, rang Huffle and shouted at him till I found my way to him. I was not impressed. This process seems to be taking far too long, far too much time and effort and I was in a terrible mood by the time we got in. Luckily the office was empty and we didn't have to wait. The officer was lovely, from Grenada, loved our accents, wished she could talk like us and just got on with it. We had to have a photo taken, pay just over $100, give all our fingerprints digitally,flat and rounded and sign some papers. ALL DONE NOW - hopefully that is the last of it.

We came home, Huffle worked while I knitted and watched some more of The Paradise. I skyped Grandma as another present had arrived. We chatted for a bit and then the boys came home. Small and I put the Scalextric away and the boys played on the Computer and IPad before we all played table tennis.

We had dinner, the boys played and then watched TV. There is no IACGMOOH (you know this is celebrity Jungle right?) - did that sound Canadian? Because of the football it isnt on. What will we watch tonight?

I took this footprint this morning. It is another one of those that is indented but looks raised (like the sand prints - weird) anyway, what is it? I suppose I should tell you it is less than the size of my hand from bottom to top. A three-toed squirrel? A small yeti? A bear?

Actually I think it is a squirrel and one of the three marks at the top is from another squirrel's print. But you never know!!!!

 

No comments: