Thursday 14 November 2013

More bulbs

School for the boys, work for Huffle and the Garden Centre for me today. I started in the greenhouse because it was cold. We planted Succulent and Pelargonium cuttings, stopped for coffee and cake and then planted millions of bulbs (hyacinth, tulips and daffodils) out by the front sign. The soil was lovely to dig in if not a bit cold and frozen around the edges. Once it was all stamped down, we covered it in chicken manure and hay. By then it was time to go home. I raked a load of leaves off our drive which wasn't too hard as they had blown into a nice pile already. I put half of them on th garden as a mulch had the other half I stored away for the compost bin. I also got rid of the pumpkins from the porch which were all squishy and frozen. I filled the bird feeders up too FOR THE BIRDS NOT FOR THE CHIPMUNKS!!!!!

The only photo I took today was of Woody Woodpecker eating the nuts (if you please).

I came in and had lunch whilst watching Downton Abbey, painted my nails and knitted for a while. When the boys came home, Small was feeling poorly again. Tummy ache and once we had gone through his spellings, he lay on the sofa while Smallest read his library book to him. Smallest and I played table tennis and then Mario bros on the Wii. Small joined us when he felt better and when Huffle came home we all ate soup.

Smallest and Huffle played table tennis and the fishing game and Small and I played Uno, but Small felt poorly again and went to bed early. Smallest, Huffle and I played Uno before bed when he read his library book again, this time to Huffle. He is a lovely little reader.

Huffle and I are very tired again. We feel like this family is constantly fighting bugs. Huffle, Smallest and I still have colds. Smallest and I have a cough. Huffle, Small and I have wibbly tummies. I blame the weather and kids at school that don't wash their hands! It was cool today but not freezing and the weekend is back up to 11* and then next week right back down again. I tell you what we need - a holiday. Ah wait, when Moo gets here, we can have one. Huffle and I are going away for a few days HURRAH. The kids get a holiday from us, so does Moo, even though she will have only just arrived (we might wait a day or so) and we get a break by ourselves. Ahhhhh lovely. This time we will not be going to New York or anywhere in the States. This time we are planning on a driving trip to Ottawa or Montreal. All depends on the weather.

 

2 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Sounds exciting!! Hope you are all feeling better by then xx

Anonymous said...

Can't believe this stupid weather, no wonder everyone is sick, a lot of peeps at work are a bit sick too. After the cold and snow this week, it's supposed to be 16C here on Sunday with strong, possibly severe, thunderstorms! Not long til Moo arrives, I didn't realise Huffles peeps were only having a short visit this time (been catching up!). We'd really love to see Montreal and Ottawa too, they look so lovely. Brush up on your French though!

Hugs
Brenda