Friday 8 November 2013

I want to be a bush*

A better night's sleep. We awoke to a small covering of snow. Oh no! Not yet, we're not ready! Huffle stayed at home again and worked. The boys made it on the bus, today wearing their coats though neither of them wanted to wear their new Winter Coats because they said they wanted to wait till it was properly snowing. Silly billies. We managed to persuade Smallest to wear his anyway.

I went off to knitting today but on the way I popped to the supermarket for something for dinner tonight and some gloves for Small as he went to school wearing mine. At knitting, the place was full. Lots of people catching up with each other, a couple of new faces (one a lady originally from Clapham). I took with me my cardi and Grandad's sock but once I saw the new sock we were doing, I abandoned both and started the Christmas Stocking instead.

I didn't get too much done as it was very busy and I actually ended up helping out a fellow knitter. I stayed until way past 12 and then went home to have lunch with Huffle. We sat and ate whilst watching Elementary, in between Huffle answering calls and receiving emails. We are both full of cold now and extremely tired.

While he got on with work, I tidied, did some washing and a bit more knitting until the boys came home. I made pizza for dinner and Huffle managed to set the oven to come on while we were at swimming. Fabulous. Our pizza was hot and delicious waiting for us when we got back.

Swimming was entertaining. A few belly flops and frog jumps from Smallest and a strange attempt at dolphin! Small was told he was doing very well and much better than last week. This morning he was complaining of achey legs. I wasn't sure whether he had pulled a muscle or he was growing. He measured himself against me and he now comes to the top of my ears! I told him to slow down and he told me he was now taller than the supply teacher they had this afternoon. Oh dear.

We ate our pizza whilst watching the Halloween Toy Story and then part of the film Avengers (I can't tell you whether it was any good as I was writing this).

*Smallest was telling us about his Christmas Performance. This year they are doing a musical and he is not too pleased. He sang us part of the song they learned today and when I asked if he needed to dress up as anything he said "I want to be a bush". After much discussion it turns out he wants to be a bush because of the character in Diary of a Wimpy Kid who was a bush and played on his DS. Smallest told us they were in the musical too and he learned a song called 10th December - he has to dress in white (how many 6 year old boys have white clothes? Not my messy boy that's for sure!)

 

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

Hope you are both feeling better soon xx we abandoned white clothes in this house when child 1 was approximately 2 weeks old!