Monday 18 November 2013

Don't Confrontate Me

Well we did get to see I'm a Celebrity last night, via YouTube. Very funny. I love Ant and Dec, the show would be terrible wihout them laughing at the celebrities and making their silly quips. Joey Essex was fabulous, I was cringing as he left the helicopter and I actually felt sorry for him. Seeing 'Carlton' and Matthew Wright crying was great TV. How awful are we that we tune in and watch celebrities squirming and not dealing with all the jungle throws at them? fantastic, love it. Huffle and I, very early on, knew Matthew Wright would be picked on for the first task, and quite possibly many more after that too. His words "will I have to eat something?" regarding the bush tucker trial were legendary. Hopefully the ITVPlayer site will be working tonight as we don't like to rely on YouTube as we have to wait for it to be uploaded.

During the night the winds were ferocious. Uxbridge and Port Perry were badly affected with power cuts and storms. However when I saw the damage caused by a Tornado in Illinois I realised our winds were nothing, though what we got was the tail end of it apparantly. Honestly, the weather has gone crazy.

Small got me up this morning and said he felt a bit better. He got himself and Smallest up at 6:50am this morning, to which Huffle said "why get up so early if you are not feeling well." I told him this morning there was only one way to get better. He said "go to the doctors." After I told him that the doctor would telll him he had to eat and drink better (which is exactly what we are telling him) he seemed to perk up a bit. He ate his breakfast and got ready for school, revised for his french test, played on the IPad and then walked like an invalid to the bus. He makes me feel gulity for sending him to school but I am not convinced he is being completely truthful. I threatened him with going into school and to his class to check he was drinking in the day just to embarass him into drinking more. He didn't like that idea. Why doesn't he want to be well and healthy? Is this an age thing? Is he looking for attention?

I tidied, sorted washing and collected the sample for testing the water. This involved me filling out a form, sticking the end of our tap in diluted bleach for about ten minutes, running the water for a few minutes to make sure it was nice and cold and then filling a bottle, removing a barcode and putting it on the bottle plus a sticker with my name on it. The bottle was then put in the fridge and then a cool box with freezer blocks until I was able to drop the sample off at the Municipal office. This was easy and i just put it in the fridge there until they take it for analysis and then they will ring or mail us with the details.

The wind is still really strong, buffeting the cars. There is debris everywhere which the council (what are they called here?) are hurrying around picking up. I stopped at the supermarket and picked up some food and Christmas presents. When I came home I noticed my lovely Winter Planters had been hit by the wind too. The trees are horizontal and the pine bits have flown away. Owwwwwww!

I put the shopping away, had some lunch and made two quiches for tonights dinner. I am determined to get some goodness into Small and make him better.

Top: spinach and ham

Bottom: vegetable

The boys came home. Small was much more positive and feeling better. Thank goodness. He didnt eat his yoghurt because i forgot to put a spoon in and he didnt eat his wrap because he said it tasted wrong - my fault. Smallest had an elastic band wrapped around his wrist which was cutting fof his circulation - he said it was a friendship band and his friend had one too. We sat in the loft and made him a proper friendship bracelet, I now have to make one for his friend too.

Huffle came home early. The boys did their homework and maths. We all ate and the boys went off to Cubs and Beavers. Tonight Small did a night hike in the woods and Smallest was at his normal place having fun.

Huffle and I took a child each and met back home for some table tennis.

My lovely friend Everett sent me this postcard today. It is of our old Village. I especially like it because when Small was very small, he would sit on this little wall for a rest next to the Lavendar. Ahhhhhhh.

She has sent me three postcards, all different seasons and I keep them on the kitchen window - sometimes I look out and pretend I still live in the Village.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We enjoying Celebrity, Joey Essex is TV gold. Teaching him the time was hilarious, but he seems to be a really nice man.

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Awwww. Now you are making me miss your lovely village too. We had so many lovely visits to you there. Xx

famfa said...

It's brilliant - how can you get to that age not be able to tell the time? He is funny x

famfa said...

It was a lovely village. We had some good times when you visited x