Monday 11 November 2013

SSShhhhhhhhhhh

Huffle and I watched 'goggle box' last night (on the recommendation of my friend Yahoo) - I can't believe we watched TV, watching other people watching TV (where does it end?) I have to say it was funny and Huffle and I thought we would be perfect candidates for the show, especially if they did one here. Also it gives us a small taste of what is on in the UK at the moment and we don't think we are missing too much. We also watched an episode of Carl Pilkington's 'Moaning of Life' which was brilliant. If we put Huffle and Carl in a room, they would not stop talking or moaning, they have issues with the same rubbish! Gardeners World also got watched. We still think Monty Don is a T-Head but it was nice to see a proper English garden.

The boys went off this morning wrapped up against the elements. It was snowing as they got on the bus. I had a good morning of tidying, cleaning and clearing before going off shopping. I had a varied list today of food, Christmas cake ingredients, Christmas presents and clothes. I got most of the things on my list in just two shops but while I was I getting the cake ingredients I heard on the radio it was 1:30pm. I rushed along and got home only to find it was only 12:30. That was strange! I was in the middle of the supermarket at 11am and the whole shop stopped to observe two minutes silence for Remembrance Day (apart from the man filling the shelves next to me, he just carried on).

I put the shopping away and started to make my lunch whilst Skyping Moo. We had a good catch up and a chat and then I did some knitting.

My Christmas Stocking so far (and don't worry grandad, I am knitting your sock in the evenings).

I washed all the covers off the sofa today as Huffle thought they were dusty so I struggled to put them all back on once dried. I prepared dinner and before I knew it the boys were home. It had been a rainy dreary day but it started snowing again. In fact the snow was horizontal at times and started to settle.

The boys did their maths and a small chore each and then played on the Wii. They have been playing Lego Star Wars and, apart from the odd disagreement, play really nicely together.

Huffle came home and we ate a Roast Chicken Dinner. I thought the chicken had giblets or something inside and I was trying to pull them out until I realised I had the chicken not only upside down but back to front. I think I was trying to pull its neck off. Well I am a vegetarian - I do have an excuse!

After dinner, Smallest entertained us with his break dancing and we showed him some videos on YouTube. He wants to learn Street dancing now. The kids watched TV and Huffle and I played table tennis (I won 1 of 3) until Smallest interrupted us and played too.

 

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

Boy Wonder did street dance for a short while but couldn't cope with the freestyle! The other kids were great though, it's very energetic he will love it !