Saturday 9 November 2013

Geoffrey'd Out!

Huffle is feeling a little bit better. I am feeling absolutely full of cold, in my whole head. Smallest is being sensitive about everything. We are not allowed to tell him off or laugh at him - everything makes him cry! Just before bed this evening he told us he has earrache again and has had it all day but forgot to mention it. I knew there was something, he is never sensitive unless he is poorly.

As we got up this morning it was snowing. Then it started settling. The flakes were huge, fluffy, bigger than fifty pence pieces. Everywhere had a light covering of snow and then it stopped and then it all melted.

We spent all morning sorting through the boys clothes. Small was trying on all his jeans and long sleeve tops. I swear he is going to be a giant. His arms are soooo long. We put a lot of clothes away for Smallest and they went into a bag in the basement. Small then had an Epsom Salt bath and watched part of Star Wars on the IPad whilst soaking his sore legs. Smallest tried on his jeans, most of which we had to put aside as his legs have grown, and long sleeve tops and thermals. Smallest too has incredibly long arms - a bit like a monkey. When we had rearranged his clothes in his bedroom, Smallest went for his shower.

The boys did their Maths and then played on the computer and IPads. Huffle played on his IPad and skyped Grandma and Grandad and I knitted.

We had lunch whilst watching the end of The Avengers from yesterday. I fell asleep. All the boys went out and played football and I knitted wrapped in my poorly blanket.

Everyone came in and we played Carcasonne and The Race through Space. When we started to get hungry, Huffle decided to take us out for dinner as he was getting Cabin Fever. On our way out Mrs Royal and her friend came round to bring the boys a set of meccano which they found in their loft (the set is from the 70's we think). We are borrowing it until their Grandson is old enough to want to play (bearing in mind he is just a baby). We ate out and then came back and lit our Sparklers. A few days late for Bonfire Night but at least we did it. It rained a bit so we came in and played with the meccano.

Smallest wasn't keen on the sparklers, he thought they would 'get him'. I asked Small if he remembered when his ear was burnt by a sparkler when he was little. He said "yes, I was just thinking of that".

The boys went to bed and Huffle and I watched Gardeners World. T-head!

 

1 comment:

AA said...

I don't want to worry you but when I was Small's age I was the tallest in my class and had really long arms.

Still got those arms!!

xxx