Wednesday 13 November 2013

Treacle what ?

Last night, after watching The Voice, Huffle and I watched another Carl Pilkington's Moaning of Life. So funny, apart from when he went to a pain party and they started putting hooks through the skin in their backs and hanging from suspended things. Eeeuuuuggghhhhh.

Everyone slept fairly well. It didn't seem to have snowed anymore but it was incredibly cold. First thing this morning it was -5*. Small is feeling better. The boys went to school in their new coats, hats and gloves, no snow pants yet! Huffle went to work.

I went off to a new exercise class. It is run by a friend of mine in the Hamlet so I was hopeful it would be good. There were only five of us in the big hall. I knew one lady from the other exercise class I went to. The others I didn't but they were friendly enough. We did two classes today. The first one was half and hour of strength with weights which was very good, very energetic and I could have quite easily walked away at the end as I had had enough, but as I had already said I would do the two classes, and everyone else stayed, I stayed too. The second class was a 45 minute cardio, more like aerobics with plenty of co-ordination plus yoga stretches at the end. It was very casual, very fun and I had a good workout. I paid for three more sessions as it conflicts with Moo arriving (though I did say I would bring her along for one of the sessions). I was going to cycle there but it was so cold I thought my gears might freeze up ha!

I came home, showered, cleaned and cleared the kitchen. I had to wait in for the plumber this afternoon so I made my lunch and attempted to watch an episode of Downton Abbey. Easier said than done. With Huffle's help Desk help, I still couldn't watch it and by then I had eaten my dinner. Then the bloomin' radio wouldn't work. OMG! Anyway, radio is now working fine but I have abandoned ITVPlayer as I can't justify sitting down for that amount of time!

I made a spinach and ricotta Canelloni and a Beef Canelloni and while I was in the middle of stirring my sauce, the plumber arrived. We had a chat about reverse osmosis, ultra violet, water testing, water softening, arrrrgh my head!!!!! Basically I need to go and get the water tested (for free) and then we decide if we need a UV thing or a RO or maybe both. I'll get it tested first and worry about the big words and what they mean later.

I managed to get a bit of knitting in before the kids came home. Small got his Social Studies test back and got an A+. Very impressive. He rang his friend Cog to see if he could come and play. Cog's Dad dropped him off. At first the three boys played nicely on the Wii, then they started fighting and I had to keep them apart. Small and Cog played in his bedroom while Smallest and I played the fishing game..........

And Ghostly Galleon - the little stinker won both games.

Huffle came home early, Cog stayed for dinner and tried Treacle Pudding and Custard (never had it before and liked it). When we were asking him what he liked he said "I like your flapjack". I put all the fruits for the Christmas cake in the big bowl and soaked them in Brandy.

I don't personally like Chrostmas cake but I make one every year for Huffle and Moo (and the boys decorate it for me).

All the boys played upstairs and we had to tell them off several times for slamming doors, running around and making Smallest cry (though Huffle did warn Smallest it would end in tears).

Huffle mended ITVPlayer and I got to watch Downton Abbey while he had a soak in the bath. Edit: Huffle wants me to tell you how wonderful he is and how he always fixes things for me and that I am very lucky to have such a fabulous help desker. Yeah yeah!!!!!!

 

 

2 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

A very energetic day! Put me to shame with all your exercise ! ;-)

Unknown said...

Wondered where Cog had got to, the fights remind me when our house was full of kids, you feel like a referee half the time. Funny though, listening and watching. Congrats to Clever Small. x