Wednesday 6 November 2013

Too much wind

The house seemed so quiet last night as we were having our dinner. Just the four of us again, and this morning when everyone left for school/work, it felt strange. I had a very slow breakfast, blog-hopping and listening to Radio 1 without Grandad making funny comments about it not sounding much like Radio Leicester (their radio station of choice!). Huffle had a text to say Grandma and Grandad arrived home safely and enjoyed their stay. They also said that they arrived above the airport 90 minutes early but had to circle for an hour due to the airport not being open for them to land. What silly nonsense!

I put on a couple of loads of washing, had a general tidy, shower and then went off to the forest to walk with NoCustard. It was about 10* and felt cool but was really warm once we started walking. The forest was, as usual, beautiful. Lots of leaves and pine needles on the forest floor, gorgeous trees and a good old chat. We walked for over an hour and promised to walk again next week.

Once home I carried on with the laundry and made my lunch, skyped Moo and had a good catchup and knit some more of Smallest's sock.

I made a bread for tomorrow's lunch with my ExPat friend 'Batch'. I am helping her to make a cake for her hubby's birthday.

The boys came home, Small and I revised for his Social Studies test. I learnt a lot about Democratic Rights and Equality Rights etc. Very interesting. Smallest and I made Oatmeal Cookies and I made dinner while the kids played on the computer.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The boys are very pleased with their Halloween packages sent by NoCustard.

Huffle came home and we all ate dinner. Huffle and I have slight sore throats. BOOOOO.

The boys had their showers while Huffle and I played four games of table tennis - I won one!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

1 comment:

Sarah Tomson said...

Cookies look good, please can we have the recipe :-)

Hope the sore throats don't turn into anything,Isabel currently off school with tonsillitis again!

x