Tuesday 12 November 2013

It'snow good

I watched this Woodpecker as I waved the boys off to school this morning.

It was a cold day today with temperatures of -3*. Huffle went off to work, the boys to school. Small complained of tummy ache and feeling sick first thing and I wondered if he would be off school today but after breakfast he said he felt better. I told him to ring home if he needed to. Once I had breakfast and cleared up a bit, I met NoCustard in the forest. I couldn't believe how cold it was - there was only one other car there and that is unusual.

We had a lovely walk, despite the cold, and it started snowing while we were walking.

The forest was gorgeous. It always amazes me how it can look different every time. Even if you go every week. Today the forest floor was orangey with pine needles and white with frost and snow. The leaves were layered on the paths, each individually frozen.

...and they crunched underfoot.

Where's my hat?

Once home I made a warming soup and was just about to sit and eat it when Moo skyped. We had a chat and then I knitted a bit of Grandad's sock, while waiting for the washer to finish. I walked to Mrs Royals to visit but there was no-one home and it snowed again. Freezing! However, while I was there I took some photos of the lovely field that is at the side of their house.

(yes this is the same field I photograph on a very regular basis, just from a different angle).

I haven't done a lot today. I'm used to working on a Tuesday and I felt a bit lost. I booked Huffle's car in for a service (no MOT's required here) and his Winter tyres to be put on. I left a message for the plumber to ring me to service our 'stuff' and I rang the local handyman to see if he could clear our high gutters and mend a gutter leak. I washed and dried some clothes, I filled and emptied the dishwasher. I tidied, knitted and weighed cake ingredients and I made a Rice Pudding for Small.

The boys came home. Smallest bought home some creative work he did.

He got a 3+ for the one of the right (which Small tells me means an A-)

I made a treacle sponge for Smallest (as he doesn't like rice pud). Small was feeling better but still not right so after Smallest had his shower and did his maths, Small had a long soak in the bath watching a film. They played on the computer until dinner time. Huffle came home. It was still snowing but not settling properly.

After dinner we played table tennis and the boys watched TV. Small went to bed early with a bit of medicine. The snow came down and settled and all the roads were completely white. Oh no! It's only November, it's too early.

 

2 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

I think we are all in for a bit of early snow this year. I like snow though except for the way we 'cope' with it over here! X hope Small is better soon xx

Unknown said...

Lovely photos of the Forest. At least Moo will be pleased with the early snow when she arrives next month!! Well done Smallest and get better soon Small. x