Wednesday 20 November 2013

Two years here

During the night, 12:30 to be exact, Huffle decided to get a chair and stand on it and bang on the ceiling. I was not impressed as he woke me up. Plonker - that is the best word I can use to describe him without swearing (which is what I did in the middle of the night). Apparantly he heard a scampering of tiny feet above our heads and wanted to scare it - well it didnt scare it, it just kept both of us awake for the next two hours. AAARRRRGGGGHHHH. Bloomin' idiot!

So, guess who was tired today? Well both of us to be exact because when I spoke to him midday he was yawning - well he gets no sympathy from me I can tell you. As I was waving the boys off on the bus, two men arrived to clear the gutters (eavestroughs I'm informed is the Canadian term). I had to stand outside in my PJ's - it was freezing.

I left a man up a high ladder and one holding the ladder and drove off to my exercise class. The first part (strenghth with weights) was really tough today (possibly because I'm tired) but the second class, cardio, seemed easier than last week, possibly because I knew what was coming. I had a great time and worked hard. I drove to a Petrol Station cafe and met NoCustard and we sat and had a coffee and a chat. Then I came home. The handyman arrived for his money. He couldnt find any problems with the chimney but is coming back on Friday when it rains to see what happens. I had lunch, had a shower and made dinner.

My Plantar faciitis has now appeared in my right foot. So I basically have it in both feet. PAINFUL. It is actually worse in my new foot and better in my old one. I have been wearing my insoles but it seems much worse after I have walked in the forest. Well I cant stop that can I? What would the forest do without me taking photos in there and showing you the beautiful trees and paths? Perhaps I should do my exercises more, or find another Podiatrist who is interested in my feet rather than my money!

I twisted my ankle at Aerobics today and I thought it was okay but later on after I had been standing making dinner, it swelled up and really hurt. I put it up and put peas on it later (frozen ones not mushy!). The boys came home with their reports today. Very very good. Both are doing excellent work and we are very pleased. They skyped Grandma and Grandad to tell them. Grandad told them to have wine gums to celebrate! Naughty Grandad. Smallest chatted for ages while Small did his homework and then they both played on the IPads.

I finished dinner and when Huffle came home we all ate. Small reminded me that today two years ago we arrived in canada, so we read the blog for that day to see what it was like. Can't quite believe we have been here for two years. It seems we have been here forever but that we only just got here - I don't know if that makes sense.

While I was eating dinner I bit the end of my tongue and it bled and bled and bled. What is wrong with me today? Tongue, ankle, foot - if i was a horse.........(huffle edit - draw the curtain and then a swift gunshot)

We noticed yesterday that Small was back to normal with his constant chattering, well today his teacher noticed and he got told off for being too chatty and loud. That confirms it then, he is 100% better.

Back to watching IACGMOOH (I'm a celeb) tonight, it wasnt on last night because of the football. We watched a Carl Pilkington instead - it was very funny - he was helping a lady give birth (which is apparantly not as painful as passing kidney stones!), though I would argue that once you have passed kidney stones, you are finished, whereas when you give birth you have a noisy, stinky, worrisome thing for the rest of your life.

 

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

Well done on the reports boys, good stuff xx 2 years has flown I think. I would be really interested to know what are the pros and cons of moving abroad for you? A bit of a synopsis of the last couple of years. If you know what I mean??? X