Friday 29 November 2013

It's company policy!!!!

Smallest barked through the night but decided he was going to school, ten minutes later he wasn't going, then after breakfast when he started running around the house laughing, he decided he did want to go to school. Bearing in mind I had to be at school assembly for 9am (if he was going in) it was a bit of a rush to get them ready and me. Anyway, the boys got on the bus in time and I got to school in time. (Ha, the assembly was late, typical!).

If you can't spot Smallest he is in red with mad hair. Six from the right.

Smallest's class stood at the front and sang a song about Respect which was adorable. At one point I saw Smallest's eyes watering and I wondered if he was trying to hold back his cough. They also sang 'santa claus is coming to town'. Very cute. While I was there I sorted out the library book that the librarian said was due (which we didnt have!) and I also sorted out with another teacher about a book I ordered which Smallest was convinced we hadn't paid for (we had!). Job done. I told Smallest to call me on my mobile if he wasnt feeling well.

I carried on to knitting but stopped off at the supermarket on the way and picked up some essentials. On to knitting and today was a full house, very noisy, lots of customers coming and going too. I actually knitted nothing today. I couldn't do my Christmas Aunt Pear project as I was using wool from somewhere else (and that seemed rude), I couldn't carry on with my cardigan as I need to block it and sew it up first and I couldn't start the new socks as I need to go to the technical day! But I had a chat, a coffee and bought some new wool to make myself a pair of socks and wound my wool for the new socks. I came home, took my boots off, dumped the shopping and listened to a message from school saying that Smallest was feeling unwell. I went back to school and picked him up. The Secretary was just going to ring me on my mobile. Poor Smallest was sat in reception drawing a picture of his daddy - funny! We found Small and let him know Smallest wouldn't be coming with him on the bus and came home.

Smallest sat in front of the TV with his lunch and a cup of Hot Lemon and Honey and then did his maths on the computer. I rang Sears to ask for our repair details. OMG I was on the phone for over an hour. I spoke to five different people and ended up putting the phone down on them because I was well and truly p!55ed off with them. It is not company policy to provide that information over the phone. It is against the privacy act to give those details if not in writing. I had already given them my name, telelphone number and full postal address. I gave them the dates the engineers had been and exactly what work they had done but still they could not put that in writing to me without written authorisation. Many times I was told to ring Samsung. Many times I told them I had already rang Samsung. I spoke to two French men who were very rude and sighed at me a lot. I was on hold for so long I banged the phone on the worktop to get their attention (that worked). I asked for the supervisors name. Michael. He wouldn't give me his surname as it is company policy not to give last names. It is also company policy not to put you through to a manager. When I asked to speak to his supervisor he said they were away. His supervisors supervisor? - no not company policy. I told him that I hoped he was well paid as he did a despicable job and I was completely disatisfied and hung up. Poor Huffle now has to deal it. Sorry Huffle I did try very hard.

Smallest and I played snakes and ladders which took forever because we kept sliding down snakes and never going up any ladders. Two people now have suggested putting vicks on feet with socks at bedtime to stop coughing - I have to try this - how does it work?

We skyped Grandma and spoke to CousinD briefly and CousinE and Grandad made me stand on the porch waiting for Small to come home. A runner went past and Grandad shouted "get a life". The runner looked over at 'DonNoQuoteys' house luckily. naughty Grandad!

Nice hat

Huffle came home, briefly spoke to Grandad and then took Small swimming. It was their last lesson and we should have taken their report cards in (why didnt they tell us last week?). Smallest was disappointed because he wanted to do the last one but I don't think it would have been a good idea with his cough. Instead he stayed at home with me and we made Pizza for dinner. Both boys have to carry on in their levels as they didnt quite finish their badges. Poor Smallest, if he had gone tonight and done his Elementary Back Stroke (the one he has been struggling with) he would have got his badge. Never mind. When they start their new lessons, if they finish their badge before the end, they still get to move up so it doesn't really matter.

When Small and Huffle came home we ate our pizza in front of 'Man of Steel' - we got about half way through before Smallest went to bed, without a story but with vicks on his socked feet. I'll let you know how we get on.

Huffle and I played table tennis and watched IACGMOOH - oompah oompah oom pa pa. Last nights was so funny - we think there will be trouble soon as they are getting a bit tetchy with each other.

 

No comments: