Wednesday 12 March 2014

A bit of a Yahoo day

Last night I met the 'girls' at an Italian in Market Harborough. There were six of us and we had a great time. It was lovely to catch up with them all. There was a lot of silliness and it was great. LizzieDotDot drove Everett and I back to the barn and we had a cuppa and carried on chatting. They left me, still wifiless, in an empty quiet barn. I had THE best night's sleep ever after reading my book till past midnight!

I got up fairly early as I knew Yahoo was on her way and that she dropped her kids off early. We had planned for 10am but I had told her to come earlier if she wanted (however, I later found out that she never got that message because the dongle had run out by then!). I had a leisurely breakfast and read my book. I started to get a bit worried she wasn't going to turn up so walked down the lane. I realised I had forgotten the dongle and walked back (in case I could load onto it later). She still hadn't turned up so I wrote her a note, got in the car and started to drive to her house. I only got to the end of the drive and she arrived, she had got lost. She also said it was a stange feeling that I was here but that it felt so normal.

We attempted to drive to Oakham but because we were busy chatting and laughing we kept missing the instructions and ended up going the worng way quite a few times. Eventually we got to Oakham and went straight for a coffee where I could get wifi, contact Huffle and post yesterdays blog.

We perused the shops, bought a few things, wandered, chatted and mostly laughed. It was nice that we were exactly as we had always been. We stopped for lunch and laughed a lot, far too much. We finally decided to go back and drove (the right way this time) back to the barn.

Again no-one was there and I had a message asking me to let Huffle know what time I would be back but I couldn't reply as I still had no wifi. I blogged, drank tea and waited for Huffle. I absolutely hate having no way to communicate with anyone. I hadn't spoken to the boys for a whole 24 hours and I like to speak to them at least once a day. Moo did send me a photo of them at her house (taken with her new IPad) so that was nice, but I didn't even know if Small was feeling better or not. I was just considering whether to go and find some wifi in Market Harborough when Huffle and Grandad arrived. Grandma is ill so she didn't come and Huffle still felt bad.

The three of us went for a really lovely meal in Market Harborough and chatted and sorted out the wifi.

 

No comments: