Saturday 22 March 2014

Max Headstrong

Huffle and I fell asleep in front of the TV last night so we gave in and went to bed early. I awoke at 6am after having a dream about Huffle going round a roundabout the wrong way. I was very disorientated and thought we were still in the Barn and I was wondering where the bathroom was - not in my chest of drawers that's for sure! The boys were up at their normal 7ish but that meant they had had a good ten hours sleep. Huffle and I got up about 8ish. It had snowed overnight, not too much but enough to notice.

We spent all day washing and drying and putting our clothes away. The boys played on the gadgets, happy in the knowledge they had unlimited wifi. Huffle shovelled the drive which meant we could drive on and off it but did make it very slippy as it was still very icy underneath. I went to the supermarket to buy food and a present for a party that Smallest is going to tomorrow. I had no problems driving apart drom the odd snow that blew across the road.

We are all very tired and we seem to be hungry at the wrong times. I don't remember that happening with jetlag before!

We skyped Grandma, made Brain Freeze Ice cubes (Smallest's birthday present from Aunty A from the Natural History Museum) and moustaches out of peppers!

In the afternoon we all played on the wii and while the boys did their homework, Huffle and I prepared dinner.

Smallest's homework was to give a new ending to a book called "my tooth is about to fall out". This is his story...... The next day she woke up, her tooth had grew half way but the tooth hurt so she tricked her parents and she didn't clean her teeth, that night all her teeth fell out. It hurt so much she cried and rushed into her parents room, she said 'yesterday I didn't brush my teeth and they all fell out". When it was morning they went to the dentist. When they got home all her teeth were false. The teeth were half silver and half gold. The dentist wasn't pleased. The next day she signed up for baseball, she was batting, the ball knocked all her teeth out, she had to get new teeth, those teeth got knocked out too. She wasn't allowed to get new ones. She couldn't eat, she couldn't drink, she didn't live. Just in one week! THE END. Well that's a sad story!

Small's homework was maths and when he had done most of it, he had a go at doing his Kubkar for Cubs. I helped him mask the lines and he painted it. It is looking very cool. Grandad cut it into a fine racing car shape and it is half painted with a Union Jack. Very cool.

No comments: