Tuesday 11 March 2014

If I catch a fish at Braglet....

Both Huffle and I gargled with salt water before bed. He was sniffling and sneezing and full of cold and I had a sore throat which sometimes means I have a cold coming. Us arriving from a freezing cold country into an unusually warm country has sent our systems crazy!

We all had the worst night's sleep EVER! Huffle sneezed himself out of bed several times (yes it was THAT powerful), I was too warm and my throat hurt and became a small queak by 5am. Smallest appeared at our door at 5am saying that Small was crying. He was bent over the toilet feeling sick. I took him some water and lay in bed with Smallest talking about Bradgate Park. He said "oh that's the place we went to with LizzieDotDot where I hurt my leg on a plant!). Small said he needed a poo and then he burped and said he felt much better. I left the boys and tried to get back to sleep which was impossible with Mr Sneeze beside me who kept snoring between sneezes! Small, above, scampered from bed to bathroom, leaving lights on and fans whirring. Small came in again sometime after to say Small had been sick. At 7:30 Small came in asking if he could play on the IPad - NO WAY. I asked him to quietly read a book. Huffle and I rose at 9am and we all had breakfast. My throat seemed fine. Smallest was okay. Huffle had been hot and cold with a runny nose and Small looked weary but said he felt better.

After breakfast Smallest and I walked along the lane while breakfast was cleared up. We talked about Salmon and Smallest told me all about how they swim, breed and all about how we shouldn't be eating them because there aren't enough but they do make you clever!

The boys got their clothes together for a couple of nights at Moo's and we got ready to go to Bradgate Park. Small was sick again and we delayed leaving till he got some air outside. On the drive there he fell asleep and felt a bit better but was a bit wobbly. We met Grandma, Grandad, Aunt Pear, CousinPest.

We nearly made it to Lady Jane Greys castle but Grandad and Small sat on a bench while we explored, played Pooh Sticks and carried on walking towars the cafe. CousinPest and Smallest had lovely conversations and lots of silliness. We went in search of Deer but couldn't find any until after we had got to the cafe where we had drink and a little something.

While we were there we bumped into MrsB which was a lovely surprise. We all chatted and hugged briefly before she had to go inside and get warm.

The sun was out but it was a bit chilly (in an English kind of way). Then we spotted a load of Deer all together. Huffle wasn't well at all so he walked back to the poorly bench and the rest of us went to photograph the deer. They were lovely. We walked back to the poorly bench where Small seemed to feel a lot better after Grandad had nursed him back to health, plus they had a good view of some other Deer.

We left everyone and drove to Moo's house where we checked her new IPad, dropped the boys off (leaving them without an Ipad charger or 'Smelly'. We had lunch and said our goodbyes. I drove Huffle to Grandmas where I dropped him off for an evening of a hot bath with ginger lemon and honey and a night with his mates in the pub. He is staying at Grandma's tonight so I will be completely home alone. I picked up some lemon, honey and ginger for my throat (poor Grandma was feeling sick too and Grandad was hiding in the garden) and drove back to the barn to tidy up and get ready for my night out with Everett, LizzieDotDot, Em, Jen, Rach and a few others from our pre-school days in the Village playgroup. I had a cup of Hot Lemon and Ginger, painted my nails, cleared and tidied and before I knew it, LizzieDotDot was here to take me out.

At some point during my getting ready, I realised the wifi dongle had run out. Great, a night on my own in the scary barn in the middle of a scary field without any way of contacting anyone, at all! My favourite!

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great photos,great morning despite the sick bay. Glad you survived home alone last night, trust u had a great time. X