Wednesday 19 March 2014

The Weatherman gave us a gift*

This morning Huffle and I slept in. Oooh lovely. The boys, of course, were up at their normal 7ish. We got ourselves ready and while the boys (Huffle included) waited for Grandma and Grandad, I went off to Kibworth to meet a friend in an Antiques Barn. I had no idea where the place was or what it was called. I also had no wifi connection to contact her. I told the sat nav to find antiques places nearby and it found 21. Oh dear. Luckily as I got into Kibworth, there was a huge sign that told me there was a new antiques place serving coffee. Well as I hadn't had my morning coffee, I felt the pull of the place. My friend MrsSpice was there to meet me. We met at swimming when Smallest was much smaller and the kids all played together. Ahhh it was lovely to see her and catch up. We actually spent a long time chatting over our coffee/tea and then eventually went for a look around. I could have bought so much but she kept telling me I wouldn't get it in my case!!!

Piiiigalo, the piggies are coming, pigalo, pigalo, coming for you, pigalo, pigalo........

Lovely coffee pots

Shame. We left the antiques and went off to the garden centre we went to just before we left England. We picked up a plant for Little Yorkshire Pudding (a lovely white Camelia that should flower every year on his birthday), and then queued in a long line for lunch. We chose a toasted ciabatta which was lovely and then MrsSpice treated us to cake. We chatted and chatted and chatted and then we had to leave.

I drove to Grandmas where I met up with Huffle and the boys. They had been into town on a mission to see King Richards bones but unfortunately they were not on show. Huffle was very disappointed. The boys got some new books (thank you Grandma) and I got a Lemon split Bun. We had a nice wander down Grandad's garden and listened to plans for the year. We all played cricket and swingball which was far too energetic.

Lovely flowers from Grandad's garden

I left them all again and went into town to meet up with Dot and Rose who I worked with many moons ago. Aunty Snow also joined us. It was lovely reminiscing and catching up as it has been quite a while since we saw each other. We had a lovely meal and chat and then I drove back to Grandmas to take the boys and Huffle back home. I popped in to see Aunt Pear and say goodbye. We had a nice chat before I left again to go back to Grandmas.

We drove home and sorted out all the stuff we were taking home and made a list for customs.

*a lovely quote from Small about the weather since we have been here. Smallest added 'of some lovely sunshine'.

Unc Pear was in the Leicester Mercury being grumpy about a golf club being closed down. Is he holding the Filbert Fox - ahhhh bless.

1 comment:

Sarah Tomson said...

Love those coffee pots! Did you leave them there? I may have to sneak and have a look!
X