Monday 3 March 2014

Lights, camera, action

No snow overnight but we did experience some Booms from Frost Quakes.

Smallest is still full of cold but wanted to go to school and was certainly in a silly enough mood. The temperature was -21* (feels like -28*). Last night I cut Huffle's hair and it is now really really short (in fact his hair cutters said it was 1.5mm - thank you Geoffrey!). Everyone disappeared and left me to a nice quiet house where I did washing, tidied and started MY packing. I rang MrBasement who said he would be here in the afternoon and then I went out for the day.

First I visited my Welsh friend and we sat, with 'Suffolk' and had chat and a coffee till almost lunchtime. Then I went to the dentist and rearranged my appointment for after I get back from England and the Doctors for an appointment for my foot referral and a physical (because I haven't had one and you are entitled to one a year here). Next I did a bit of shopping for the trip. Sucky sweets, magazine, book for the plane, sweets for kids back home and I treated the boys to a few pokemon cards (just because I could). I went for lunch at 'Suffolks' and left in time to be back for the kids getting off the bus.

MrBasment was here just finishing off. The lights are in and looking fabulous. There are plug sockets and light switches and vents to change as the old ones really don't look nice now. He has cleared the basement of all his gubbins and will be back once the snow has cleared and him and his son can get on the roof. Then the floor can go down.

The boys came home, full of their day's activities. Small had taken part in 'scientist in School' and learnt all about force! MrBasement gave the boys $10 each to spend on their trip which was really nice. The kids had a quick tea and then got ready for Beavers and Cubs. Tonight they went to Five Pin Bowling. Smallest's leader took them both and they were told a brief history of bowling, plus a look at the back of the lanes to see how it all worked and then a game. They enjoyed it apart from Smallest being punched in the bottom from one of the other Cubs. Every time the Cubs and Beavers are together, there is trouble. We told Smallest we will have to stop these activites unless one of us are with him as its not fair. Small stood up for Smallest and told the offending child's parent but to be fair the leaders weren't apparantly paying much attention to the kids again. Huffle and I played Table Tennis and painted a bit.

The boys were brought home and Smallest went straight to bed. His cough is getting worse! Small watched a bit of wrestling before bed and then we drew together.

More 24 tonight - when do the characters sleep or go to the toilet? Hopefully not the second 24 hours else that would be a boring series!

 

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not long now. Please ask Smallest to sort the cough before Friday......please x. Am sorting our Pokemon stuff and books for the boys while they here. Cousin Pest at US embassy this morning for his visa, his trip coming ever closer.