Monday 31 March 2014

Springy Sunshine

And the World looks so much better when the sun comes out. Today I went out without my coat on and the boys went to school without their snow pants. Ahhh that must mean Spring is on its way. It was a lovely sunny day and even the man at the petrol pump said that everyone was in a much better mood today.

The boys nearly missed their bus and this time it was because all of our clocks said a different time. I had to wave out the door to stop her from leaving. Smallest ran across the drove and slipped on the ice. Whoops. After breakfast I went on a Birthday ingredients mission for Smallest's cake. I also took back his HexBug without the receipt, and lucky I did because the price had gone up considerably and they exchanged it for me. I got him a nano one too because I felt like it. I picked up what I could and then drove to two other shops to get the rest of the icing etc. It was true, everyone did seem in a better mood today, including myself. People seemed more helpful and smiley.

I finally got home just after midday, had lunch, watched a bit of Midwife and then started on the cake. Stupidly I adapted a recipe rather than using a tried and tested one. It didnt work out brilliantly but it tastes good. While it was in the oven I skyped Moo and we had a good old catch up. I tidied the kitchen and washed up and then started on the fiddly bits for the cake. Now Smallest asked for a Pokemon cake and you know how I like a challenge well.......... I made a Pikachu and an Oshawott and some little pokemon balls.

They need a bit of a clean and tidy.

I didn't have time for much more as the boys came home. Smallest had a cough (the seal one) when he went to school this morning and came home with a runny nose, a seal cough and a cold. His eyes look poorly too and he complained of earrache. I gave him some medicine and after a while he said he felt much better.

Small got some of his homework done and taught me how to do Long Division, yes I can see that coming in very handy. Huffle came home and we all dinner early. Huffle and I cleared some more ice - it's melting, it's melting. Huffle and Small drove off to the Main cubs HQ where tonight they were doing Archery. Smallest and i were gong to go but we felt it was better to get Smallest rested and better for tomorrows party.

Smallest had a bath and listened to his music and then we played Mario Bros on the wii. I sent him to bed slightly early coughing and spluttering and with more medicine.

Down in the basement, the sump pump is going crazy. All you can hear is the unmistakeable noise of the pump pumping all the excess water away, wahooooooooo.

Once Smallest was in bed I carried on with his cake. Filled, Dirty Iced (i've watched Cake Boss,I know the terms), and Fondant. I still have finishing touches to do but when Huffle and Small came back, I stopped and tried some cake. (Some fairy cakes from the excess mixture).

Small had had a fabulous time and did very well.

 

 

No comments: