Monday 24 March 2014

A complete overhaul

It was hard getting up this morning. Trying to get back into the old routine of breakfasts, lunches, as well as getting myself ready was a nightmare. Still, Huffle went off to work enthusiastically!?, the boys went off on the bus (one armed with his camera to show his English friends) and the other sporting an injury (a little boys one!!!). I, however, went off to the doctors for a half an hour appointment where I was due a Smear, a medical and a chance to discuss any problems.

I forgot my medical card and had to go home to collect it after my appointment to give to the Doctors assistant (definitely not called a receptionist here!), otherwise I would have been charged heavily. I came away 3/4 hour later with a referral letter for my foot, a repeat prescription and a form to collect bloods some point soon. It was a long process but most things checked out well. My doctor has a sense of humour sometimes, today he definitely had one. I spent some time at Suffolks house where we chatted and I watched her make her quilt (to be honest I was so tired I couldn't do much more). We had lunch and then I went for my dentist appointment where I had a clean. The hygienist told me that Spring is normally very rainy and muddy - oh well that's something to look forward to then!

The boys came home not long after I got home. Smallest's little problem was much better but he had been called a Loser because he was slow in finishing a colouring he was doing - why are kids so mean? Small got his Gifted results back - he does not meet the criteria established for a gifted identification. Apparantly they have to score 98th percentile or higher. He scored 94 on insight and 81 on insight ability. Pretty high all the same. I'm partly relieved because I didn't want to move him to another school (not that he would definitely have had to). It shows he is very clever which we knew anyway. We can get him tested next year if we want but I don't think we will. In England it is the top 10% who are gifted but here it is the top 2%. Interesting seeing as how the schools here are so much more casual. I do feel that Small's work has deteriorated since being here. His spelling is worse and his writing is not as neat. He seems to rush everything too.

Small did his mountain of homework while Smallest and I made dinner. I briefly skyped Moo and LizzieDotDot, Huffle came home and we all had dinner.

Smallest had his bath whilst watching a film and Small went off to Cubs where he worked on his Kubkar.

Still very tired zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

Sarah Tomson said...

Yikes doctors and dentist on the same day!!