Sunday 16 March 2014

I blew a crumb into my eye!

Last night I had a fabulous evening with the girls from Teddy Bears Picnic. We met in a very comfortable bar where we chatted and then went on to the Tapas for a delightful meal.

MrsChappo and York. Me and MrsChappo. Smurf and Teach.

Jill, Jumbleberries and Yahoo. Jumbleberries.

Our food. Jumbleberries, Yahoo, LizzieDotDot, Me, MrsChappo, York, Smurf, Teach, Jill.

It was lovely to meet up with everyone again and only a shame that I had such limited time to spend with them all, apart from York who was staying overnight (and LizzieDotDot who drove us back). York and I sat and chatted for some time before going to bed. The lights were flickering so I sent York to bed with a torch. I am scared of the dark and knew if we had a power cut I would just stay where I was, so she had the torch so she could rescue me. Anyway, we didn't get a power cut though it was so windy, we both had restless nights. I was up coughing for a good part of the night with a very sore throat but woke up and my throat felt better but I was full of cold. York and I had a lovely breakfast together before Moo, Huffle and the boys came home. The boys had had fabulous time at the football and were very happy with Stokes 3-1 win. The boys had a good nights sleep at Moos last night. Smallest, Moo and I walked along the drive and on to the lane and we showed Moo where the little brook was.

We got ourselves ready to go and meet the "Superhero family" at the Market Harborough park.

Huffle spent his Clarkes voucher (thank you Aunt Pear) and then we met the Superheroes. We went straight to the park. The kids played together - football, rugby, went on the swings, roundabout and climbing frames and slides, zip wire and crocodile. The adults got to sit and watch and play a little too. I bumped into one of Smallest's old pre-school friends and we swapped emails to send photos later.

We all walked to the Pizza place where we had tried to book a table online but proved impossible so we just turned up. Apparantly their cash tills weren't working (not sure why this was relevant) but they managed to put three tables together and fit all nine of us on. Or waitress was funny and we gave her a bit of stick, bless her, she worked hard for her tip. The kids started with Dough balls and garlic butter and oil. Cat Girl wasn't impressed with hers so the three boys helped her finish them. There was some concern from Supermum on which pizza she should have because she couldn't understand how one could crumble a sausage, so Superman had that one to prove a sausage could indeed be crumbled. Instead she had a four seasons but only really ate two of her seasons as she gave the other two away. Moo and I had a gorgeous Beetroot, Goats Cheese and Rocket one, yum yum. Supermum and I had a pudding which was heavenly and Moo and I finished with a coffee.

We went back to the park where Boy Wonder climbed the flag pole several times and though my boys tried to, they couldn't quite get the hang of it. I bumped into another old friend and promised to keep in touch. All the boys and men played football for ages and the ladies (we must be because superman called us ladies) watched the kids again whilst sitting in the glorious sunshine.

We walked back to the cars and the Superheroes gave us presents of two bottles of homemade wine, some fresh eggs from their chickens and some Aloe Gelly (good for throats - will let you know).

We had a wonderful day. Full of funny sayings, thoughtful playing together (Small and Cat Girl played beautifully and Smallest and Cat Girl had some lovely colouring moments. Boy Wonder and Small got on well too). Actually they all played very well together. Cat Girl asked if they could go to the park again and could we come with her - ahhhhhh. We said our goodbyes and drove back to the barn.

Moo left to go back home and we played Cluedo. The boys had their tea in front of the TV.

What a lovely day. Supermum writes a daily blog too - wonder what she wrote about today..............

 

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

I probably need to explain that the crumb in the eye was not a sausage crumb! Cat Girl is very keen to meet up again xxx