Saturday 29 March 2014

I know this corner of the earth it smells like wee*

When I was a few years younger, before marriage and kids, I was an avid Leicester City fan and had a season ticket for many years. In fact the only reason I gave it up in the end was because when I was pregnant with Small I used to fall asleep at the match! My favourite times were the Brian Little days and my very favourite player was Muzzy Izzet. Someone bought me a LCFC garden gnome showing his bottom and I called it Muzzy Gnome. That gnome sat in our garden in the Village, Leicestershire, England and then crossed the sea in a container for six weeks to sit in our garden here in the Hamlet, Ontario, Canada. Yesterday a friend of mine said on facebook that he was going out with some friends plus the legend that is Muzzy Izzet. I messaged him back to say "tell him I have a gnome named after him". This morning I received a photo of Muzzy sticking his to tongue out at me. LOVE IT! Thanks MrTree for sharing that with me.

If only he was showing his bottom!

We had a nice slow morning of skyping Grandma, breakfast, jigsaw, showers, planning birthday cake, watching football and playing on the IPads.

This afternoon we went out to celebrate Smallest's birthday (which is actually tomorrow but stuff to do). We went into town and to one of our favourite restaurants. As we walked in I told the waitress it was his birthday and she gave me a secretive nod. We had lovely food which the boys couldn't quite finish but insisted they wanted pudding as it was a birthday meal. We agreed to look at the menu but said we didn't want any. Of course, we all ended up with something, though the boys had to take theirs home because it was too much for their big eyes!

When they bought Smallest's pudding there was a candle in it and three of them came and sang Happy Birthday. As they didn't know his name they substituted it with Geoffrey (which is funny because that is what we call Small when he is being a 'know-it-all' purely because he speaks a bit like Zippy from Rainbow and Zippy always says "eerrr Geoffrey"). Anyway we found it extremely funny but the waiter didn't know why and Smallest thought we had told him to call him Geoffrey. He blew out his candle, we finished pudding and then we drove off to buy one of his presents.

We bought him a new boom box. A bluetooth radio that plays songs from the IPad (so we have given him the old IPad we first bought too - to be fair he is the only one who uses it now anyway). He is a lucky boy.

We drove on to a park as requested by Smallest though it was quite chilly next to the lake. The car park was roped off and the park was covered in ice, we were joking that we were surprised that the park wasn't cordoned off too due to health and safety. We walked to the exercise park and guess what? It was all locked up, each individual piece of equipment. Oh my goodness, what a disappointing world we live in that things have to be locked to prevent us doing damage and suing!!!

We walked on to the pier but there was a sign there that said "do not enter - danger - ice". We did but we were very careful ahem! After a little walk (it really was cold), the boys briefly went on the swings and we came home.

They played outside for a while.

Just to prove to myself that the snow really is melting and there is evidence of living plants and grass.

Huffle loaded the IPad with Smallest's favourite music. Small and I wrote our cards and wrapped his presents and then we did Small's homework which was Small explaining all the work he has done recently on his Book Club and Readers Response and me checking if he understood what he had written and read and whether he explained it well. He did. I enjoyed seeing what he had been up to and I think he enjoyed showing me.

The boys had tea in front of Pokemon. I did a but more jigsaw (I find it very soothing and calming) and Huffle sorted out music.

A nice day. Smallest is very excited about his birthday tomorrow. We asked him what a seven year old does that a six year old doesn't. He said nothing! He says he will come into us at 2am to open his presents. We told him he will be sent off with a flea in his ear. He thought that was very funny.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL ENGLISH MOTHERS FOR TOMORROW, ESPECIALLY MY MOTHER - MOO AND HUFFLE'S MOTHER - GRANDMA xx

 

* Smallest was listening to my music this morning and he thought that was what the lyrics were! It wasn't!! I don't think Jamiroquai ever sang that!

 

No comments: