Tuesday 25 March 2014

I'll have a mouse-free one please

The boys missed their bus today. It arrived five minutes early, didn't stay longer than 30 seconds and the kids weren't quite ready in time. I had to drive them to school and then rush back to get to work. Today I replanted many many many Rudbeckias for a regeneration project. Bloomin' little things with their huge long roots! However we got to try some lovely Chocolate Orange Coffee cake with coffee. Now today I learnt that a coffee cake is just cake you have with coffee and there is no coffee in it whatsoever. It was lovely and just slightly sticky on the outside, which I later learned was Grand Marnier. Oooh perfect. I wore my new gardening shoes that I bought whilst in the UK and now two of the ladies want them. I put in an order with Moo.

I came home armed with six Amaryllis plants. All different flowers. They were being thrown away and they were so beautiful. Hopefully I can keep them going for a while and put them to bed till they flower again.

I skyped Moo and we had a lovely chat, ate my lunch and watched The Sewing Bee - love it! I had a tidy up, a sweep and I started to mop before it ran out of moppy liquid. The boys came home. Smallest said a girl on the bus called him Stupid so he called her Stupid so she told her older sister and her sister said blah blah blah..... OMG why does he get so worried about what people say? I told him to ignore them, they are not worth worrying about and then he fell over and hurt his foot. He is very sensitive at the moment. He ended up hopping to his room and grumping. When he came down he fell off his stool (the little one he helps me make dinner with) and fell off it - so clumsy! Small had a good day though has bought more homework home, I am a bit annoyed as I went to school before we left for the UK and asked if he needed to take work with him and we were told "no, go, have a good time, don't worry about school and work" and yet now he has to catch up on the work he has missed!

Huffle spoke to the Cubs Leader last night and told him we were concerned that Small was left outside allby himself with the building locked and dark (this was a meeting a couple of weeks ago before our trip). The leader was devastated and said he would look into it for us. Today we have an email apology but they want more information in order to make sure it never happenes again. GOOD!

Smallest helped me make dinner again, Small revised for his Science test (all about forces) and we ate dinner when Huffle came home. We watched the end of SpyKids and the start of SpyKids2.

We had more snow today.

 

 

No comments: