Thursday 6 March 2014

Up, up and away to Blighty

Everyone slept nicely. The kids went off to school, Small with his camera so he could take photos of his friends to show his UK friends as his friends here have asked to see photos of his English friends too. Smallest was going to do the same but he forgot to take his camera. Huffle went off to work.

I had a list to get through today and I started by clearing out the fridge and pantry of anything that wouldn't keep. This in turn meant I then had to clean the fridge as the empty spaces showed up too much dirt. Also, because we had a whole bag of carrots and a couple of onions, I made a big Carrot, Lentil and Cumin soup which is now in the freezer for our return.

I completely cleaned the kitchen and emptied all bins and swept all floors. The recycling has all been put out ready for tomorrow. I had a shower, painted my toes and skyped Moo. I finished packing all the suitcases (though Huffle did his last night) and searched for padlocks and keys for the cases. All the cases were moved to the front door ready.

The house is now spic and span and tidy and the washing is all done, dried and put away.

The boys came home and did a few small jobs for me before playing on the IPads. Huffle came home, showered and then we all had dinner before washing up, getting changed and sitting and waiting for our taxi.

Our taxi arrived half an hour early but was happy to sit and wait for ust o be ready. The boys went crazy as soon as they were ready and trued to help load the taxi. The taxi was too hot on the way there and whenwe. Asked him to turn it down a little, he put the air con on. When we got to the airport an hour later it was freezing outside. The boys needed the loo as soon as we got inside and then Huffle printed off our baggage labels and we joined the queue for bag drop. I got talking to a lady from London in the queue.

It is now 20:40 and we are sitting in an internet cafe through departures waiting for our gate to be opened. Smallest is very very tired. Small is high on excitement and says he refuses to sleep. Huffle is very tired.

I am now offline until Friday middayish UK time. Hopefully I will still be blogging.


 

No comments: