Wednesday 5 March 2014

Is Cobbit a word?

We had more snow last night and through the night but it didnt amount to much thank goodness.

We had an broken night's sleep due to the 'bathroom' sign falling off the door. Everyone got up later than normal and the boys nearly missed the bus again because I was watching Mary Berry showing me how to make an Afternoon Tea. It was a lovely programme though and definitely made me want a typical English Tea.

Huffle worked from home today and I went out and picked up a few essentials from the supermarket, some sweets for the kids back home, toiletries and a nice 'cobbit' for lunch. At breakfast this morning, Smallest said "Mummy, is Cobbit a word." HOBBIT? "No, cobbit!". NO WHY WHAT DID YOU THINK IT WAS? "One of those long bread things" said Smallest. DO YOU MEAN A BAGUETTE? "Oh yes".

I popped into the Knitting shop to see if El could help me with my bad casting off, she did, she pulled it off the needle BOOO, now I have to pick up the stitches and cast off again. I went home, sorted Small's packing, weighed his bag and zipped it up and then Huffle and I had lunch.

I skyped LizzieDotDot and we had a chat. I ended the call by saying "See you Saturday" which felt lovely and yet strange.

While Huffle carried on with his work, I packed Small's bag, finished mine and started cleaning the bathrooms. Before long, the boys came home and helped me, fetching and carrying stuff, finding rucksacks and packing their flight bags full of sweets, books and drawing things. Our flight is 11pm at night, so the reality is that they will be asleep but just in case......

Both boys helped me to make pizza and then we ate it in front of James and the Giant Peach. Everyone is vey excited.

ONE MORE SLEEP zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (apart from the one on the plane).

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a safe flight, hope everyone has a good sleep. Cu tomorrow, omg you're practically here !!!xx

Anonymous said...

Getting close!! Can't believe this is your first trip home since you came to Canada, no wonder you're excited! Have a good flight, remember to drive on the "right" side of the road!!

Hugs
Brenda