Tuesday 31 March 2015

No Break

Small's finger and thumb looked a little swollen and bruised this morning so we iced it again but he said he was fine. Today he represented his school at the Science Olympics. Huffle had to get him to school for 8:25am so that left Smallest getting on the bus by himself.

I went to work where I planted up many Ratibida, Poppies and Fennel. I also came home with two different lots of poppies and some strawberry seedlings. I was so tired that they were almost pouring coffee down me to keep me awake. We had a terrible nights sleeps last night as I felt really nauseous with tummy ache. I think I may have eaten too much. Buttery garlic bread, cheesey pizza, jelly, ice cream, cake. Yuk. My stomach was in turmoil. I felt so ill I couldn't manage my first coffee. I still felt a bit wobbly late evening.

Yay snowdrops (spring is here)

After lunch with Huffle, I got on with my sewing which I needed to finish before tomorrow's session. I managed part of it and then the boys came home. Small's fingers were very swollen and very bruised and we decided he would need to get them checked out. On the plus side, he had got a bronze medal at the Science Olympics, third place out of 32 schools taking part. Very proud of my clever little man. He had a great time and has to show his award at the assembly on Thursday. Also on Thursday he gets an award for something that I can't remember and Smallest gets one for Improved Organisation. This is a BIG one in our house as we call him the squirrel for his untidiness and general messiness. Wahoo - he has become more organised at school, good job Smallest (how very Canadian of me to say so).

Some clouds for Aunt Pear

As I was making soup for dinner (we needed something very simple, quick and healthy after yesterday), Mrs Royal came a-visiting. She brought back our key from when we were away and stayed and had a cuppa and a chat. It was nice to see her (I had to interrupt my FaceTime with Grandma - sorry Grandma) and we had a bit of a catch up and promised to go out for lunch soon when we can both find the time.

After dinner, I took Smallest to his swimming lessons and Huffle took Small to the little hospital in the next town. Smallest swam beautifully and I knitted some more sock. Small had an X-Ray and the doctor told him it was a sprain and how to look after it. Shame, he has basketball tomorrow which I know he really likes. Never mind, at least it's not a break!

Tonight's moon (and some trees for Aunt Pear).

I finished off my sewing, we put the kids to bed and then Huffle and I watched Banished (A BBC drama about the Convicts sent to Australia - very very good).

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thankyou for the clouds, very nice indeed. I will endeavour to reciprocate very soon! X