Friday 1 May 2015

A lorra lorra Scilla

That horrible mosquito that bit me under my foot, also bit me on my toe and during the night I itched and scratched and itched and stayed awake for ages. Why do they like me so....and to bite me on my foot, are they crazy?

Small complained of tummy ache before school and Smallest was in tears because a game he updated took away his town. Oh dear. He felt hot to the touch and I feared we would be getting a call from one of them to pick them up early from school. However, they were both fine. Strange!

Huffle bunkered and I went to knitting. There was only The English Rose and I today with Shopkeeper El. I managed to find out what was wrong with my sock but am definitely not undoing it again. I'm sure HB will love it despite the fact they are not perfectly the same. I had lunch with Huffle today and we sat on the porch in the sunshine - which just happened to be very sunny and around 20* - and we watched a bit of W12. This is such a good series. So funny.

I had a walk to the other end of the Hamlet in order to help ExerciseNic with her garden. No actual gardening just consultation and advice on what to plant. I am going to have a trip to buy plants with her as I think that might be easier than just giving her a list of what to plant. We had a coffee and a chat and then I walked home.

On my way home. The beautiful farm field full of Scillas.

The boys came home. Smallest had skipped for The Heart and Stroke Foundation and Small had done his first bit for the Technical Crew. They were tired but still managed to skip some more and go on the trampoline while I skyped Moo.

Smallest helped me to make dinner and then we ate and watched the end of Star Wars 5 and the beginning of 6.

The garden is coming on in leaps and bounds. They are things sprouting everywhere. It is great to see as last year we only had a small triangular bit in amongst the front grass. This year we should have lots growing. Plus the side of the house is getting a makeover too. Huffle has been digging and planting around the new path. I planted up the Lavendar, that Grandma bought us, in the urn on the porch in the hope that the mosquitoes would stay away. As soon as I had planted and watered it, the mosquitoes were there. NO YOU ARE SUPPOSED To HATE LAVENDAR - GO AWAY!

More bulbs appearing.
Some lovely flowers blooming. Bergenia, daff, alyssum, corydalis

Dark clouds threatened to rain but none came today.

 

No comments: