Wednesday 30 March 2016

9th Birthday

I had a terrible nights sleep last night. I was so uncomfortable and everything hurt. I blame my new pillow though when I mentioned it this morning Smallest said "but does it stop you snoring?" And Huffle said it did!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVELY SMALLEST

9 TODAY

Small woke me and informed me that our plan form the night before had worked. We put gel stickers on the window saying Happy Birthday with a cake and pulled down the blind. Small checked it was still stuck and then told Smallest to open the blinds. He got a nice surprise. I asked him if he wanted to open his presents and cards and he said he wanted to wait until after school. I was far too excited to wait so I gave him a few to open plus the cards from Small and Huffle and I. Small's card had an opera singer singing Happy Birthday and made us all laugh. Plus it was used many times much later on in the afternoon when they came home. We matched Grandmas singing with it but the card won!

Grandads Canadian Bulbs

Smallest said "is he holding them because they are dead?"

Smallest opened a football (for school), bouncy balls (also for school) and a headlamp torch. He went to school with his tin of cakes for his classmates (who mainly ate them though there were a few fussy ones who didn't. His teacher had three and he saved three for Mo, Small and Log on the bus on the way home). I also gave Small a football for school and a bouncy ball to replace the one I lost on the lake on Sunday.

I went to aerobics this morning and I am hurting already though that could be from gardening yesterday too. When I got back I made a start on Smallest's cake. This year he requested a Beano Cake. Ummmm not easy! I decided I would try and make a Beano Annual but unfortunately out of the two square cakes I made, one got stuck in the tin and I could only use a third of it. The result looked nothing like a book but I made a Gnasher and a Dennis the Menace and just decorated it a bit like a comic. I had to go out before lunch and as soon as the cake came out of the oven to buy red icing and some M&M's which I carefully selected all the blue, yellow, and red ones.

Huffle and I had lunch and I carried on constructing and decorating. In fact I carried on for the rest of the afternoon and finally called Huffle at 3pm when he helped me clear the debris. I am a messy creator.

The boys came home at 3:45pm with an empty tin of cakes, looking for the birthday cake. Smallest was very pleased and Small was impressed. We decided to FaceTime Moo so she could see him open her present but the connection was not good. Next we Facetimed Grandma and Grandad and they watched him open their card and a few other presents from us, plus they sang beautifully!!!!????, and then we Facetimed AuntPear and she and CousinPest watched him open her card and present and sang.

The Singers

All presents opened, Small started his homework and Smallest and I put up his new poster and hung his bedroom basketball net above his bed.

His new turtle on a bike spinner and a nodding frog for his garden had his bedroom basketball

Smallest was given many balls to play with, football, bouncy balls, tennis balls and squishy house balls. He is obsessed with kicking, catching, throwing, bouncing so they should keep him going for a while.

Huffle and I made dinner and then we sang Happy Birthday, cut the cake, ate cake and had jelly and ice cream.

The boys played football in the garden. We should have been at basketball tonight but Smallest complained of a hurt knee this morning and again when he got home from school. However he seemed to have forgotten about it until I mentioned it and is happily playing football perfectly well! Still, it is his birthday and we didn't really want to be rushing around tonight and sitting in a school hall for two hours and a drive of an hour.

9 years old. That means that Smallest has now been here for half of his life.

 

2 comments:

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Happy birthday Smallest...from all the Rumbleskins. Xx

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Happy birthday Smallest...from all the Rumbleskins. Xx