Thursday 3 March 2016

Where oh where are DHL?

I don't think we had any considerable snow during the night but it was certainly cold today. Weird because the temperatures are going to go right up again. Double figures next week wahoooo. The buses were running this morning but the boys only just caught it in time, too busy messing about in the front garden.

First thing this morning I received a text from DHL saying that I was receiving a package from them today. Then I had a phone call on the landline saying the same thing and a call on my mobile too. As I knew I was going to be in for most of the day (or at least someone was) I didn't try and change it. They gave no indication of time but I tracked my order (it was a birthday present for Huffle) and found it was picked up at London Heathrow UK and processed, arrived at East Midlands UK and processed, went through customs in Cinncinatti US, got processed, arrived in the sort facility in Cinncinatti and went through customs again, arrived in Toronto airport, processed and taken to Pickering (half an hour down the road from here) and finally arrived at the delivery facility in Pickering (still only half an hour away). At the time of writing this (9pm) there has been nothing delivered, no more phone calls and nothing updated on the website. Well that's disappointing!

MrBasement and Jim arrived just after 8am and Smallest and I were frantically taking out all the tile spacers before they started work. Their work today has mainly been grouting and cleaning the grout, dry walling the area above the cupboards for a more smoother, less dustier place, re-balancing the fridge door (which kept swinging open too far last night), making the 'hole' even smaller, hiding the light wires and 'mudding' the dry wall. The tiles are now saying 'mini tube station' again and much less 'chip shop' though I did ask when my neon OPEN sign was arriving. They disappeared late morning for errands and continued after lunch. They have ditched my tea making now and are much happier drinking my Taylor's of Harrogate Coffee - cheeky!

I spent the majority of my day cleaning. All bathrooms spick and span, Smallest's room dust free, everywhere vacuumed or mopped, lots of dusting and glass cleaning and washing done. MrB and J asked if I was Spring Cleaning. I told them it was my annual clean. I should have been walking with ClownRose but she cancelled just as I was putting my coat on so I decided to walk by myself. I walked for abut 40 minutes and I wish I could say my 10,000 steps were done in no time but I can't because the damn wrist gadget is still counting yesterday's steps so who knows where I am.

It was cold, then it got colder. The field and the path.

I did bump into ClownRose at school bus arriving time and we made a date for tomorrow for us to have a glass of wine and Mo and Smallest to have a get together (not a play date obviously because she's a girl and much younger). The boys came home, homework was done, paperwork looked through (Small has bought home some lovely work with some very nice scores, apart from a couple of papers that say he is not detailed enough tut tut). MrB and J left (returning tomorrow) and I cleaned the kitchen before I made Chilli for dinner.

After dinner, Small watched TV and Smallest and Huffle played on the Wii.

 

No comments: