Tuesday 8 March 2016

Warming up

The boys went to school in coats but no snow pants, gloves or hat. It was practically a Spring Day in the Hamlet today. Small had the Police visit school to talk to them about Cyber Bullying. I went to work and repotted lots of different things and then after a snack and coffee (peanut butter and chocolate cookies) Jan and I worked outside cutting back all the grasses and Spirea etc. I managed to get two thorns in my fingers from a Barbaris and despite me digging them out, one of my fingers is swollen and hot. Eeeeek, this is the dreaded plant we call "aha" after Grandad got blood poisoning from a thorn! I am keeping an eye on it!

Huffle and I had lunch together at home and I briefly FaceTimed Moo before going for a long walk with ClownRose and LittleFin along the train tracks and a very muddy lane. I did my 10,000 steps mid afternoon. We had a nice walk, a good chat and LittleFin slept most of the way. My feet hurt from standing in my wellies all morning without my inserts, my back hurts from bending over cutting too long and my finger is throbbing!!!

Late afternoon I finished the washing and started dinner. The boys came home and did homework, a chore and played on their tablets. Huffle sanded and painted some of the Basement and cleared the wood from the sun room.

Huffle took Smallest to football practice. As Smallest was getting his kit on he asked where his football tops were. OMG that child must have seven different tops. He looked everywhere(bearing in mind all washing is done). Eventually he found one and was devastated to find it was 'inside out'. I truly am a terrible mother! Small and I stayed at home and while he played on the Wii, I knitted.

 

No comments: