Monday 7 March 2016

Once he stole a sofa

Huffle went into the office today for a meeting and a course. He was home by lunchtime and we had lunch and watched some more of Daredevil (Netflix). Gruesome! Not for night time viewing!

The boys went to school, Smallest came home with a report on The Atlantic Salmon that he had written. He got an A- and it was very informative. It was the same one he showed to the School Superintendant (the Principals Boss, not the caretaker as Huffle thought). Small is learning about 'rates', ie cost of multiple purchases per unit (that would be useful for me when I'm at the supermarket though I have noticed a curious thing in the shops here. Two packs for $6 and in small letters or $3 each. Even I can work that one out!!!).

I had a very peaceful leisurely breakfast and watched 'Thirteen' BBC, about a girl who escapes from captivity after thirteen years. I did some washing too. I recently read an 'organisation' article that said you should do one load of washing and drying, folding etc fully before going on to the next load of washing. I normally wash three loads one after the other and then end up in such a mess as I wait for the dryer to finish and forget its in there. Today I followed the organisation rules and although I still have a load to do tomorrow, the washing is all folded and some even put away and none is left stinking in the machine or waiting to be dried. Ha! Then I went shopping and bought food, came home and dumped it all on the floor before going back out and taking the tuba back to school.

I prepared dinner early and attempted some scones. Huffle or Grandma normally make them so they are not my forte but I tried and failed. I forgot to put sugar in so they are a more savoury scone and they were very flat. I think I rolled the dough too flat. I went for a walk by myself around the Hamlet for forty minutes. It was warm today and I probably could have done without a coat. It was certainly in the plus figures.

MrsPiano cancelled due to illness so we had dinner all together and then I took Smallest to football practice and Huffle took Small to Scouts. Tonight they were starting their Kub Kars. I actually dropped Smallest off at Cubs on the way home because there was enough time for him to make a start. Football tonight was interesting. Everyone talking about the silent game on Saturday. I filled some of them in with regards to why we think it was implemented. The main referee was a higher up official and his daughter was the referee who Huffle told to 'please go away' when she failed to notice Smallest had been hit in another game. We think she complained plus another team complained because we complained about their behaviour........

Despite the fact that Smallest and I were ten minutes early, Coach still managed to make a 'remark' saying that Smallest was last (he wasn't, there three others who followed after us!!!!!!). We all, as parents, had a good chat and complained about the forthcoming fees for Summer season. There are rumours but we haven't actually been told how much yet! We were told that as it is the last game on Saturday, there will be a celebration afterwards in a hired room. Smallest has already asked if I will make Gingerbread so him and Alfie can decorate them.

Huffle and I got forty minutes peace to ourselves before we had to pick the boys up from Cubs/Scouts. Smallest has the usual Kub Kar that Grandad has helped with in the past (shame the first race will be before he gets here) but Snallests is an 18 wheeler with a list of rules so long......... HELP PLEASE GRANDAD.

I have to say a big "all the best" to MrsElderflowerMeadow (really enjoyed texting her today despite the fact of what she was going through at time, AuntPear (no more going round in circles) and MrMoose. All are in hospital tomorrow. Thinking of you.

No comments: