Monday 21 March 2016

Jack wee'd on Austin

Huffle had to wake me this morning and I really did not want to get up. The boys were already up and I made their breakfast and lunches and then forgot what time they needed to be out of the house. Luckily, Huffle was on the case (and I even got a text from ClownRose saying the bus was on its way). How can it all go to pot after just a week away from school stuff? They got on their bus and went off to school leaving me to have my breakfast in peace while I read through one of the gardening magazines I picked up yesterday.

I did an early grocery shop, because I know it's not as busy and no-one would be in there annoying me with their wayward trollies! I spent far too much money but then I haven't been food shopping for ages. I got everything but cous cous on my list. I always struggle to find that, not sure why. I was back home and unpacking by 11:30am. I decided to clear out the fridge while I was filling it and made it much more organised. However, while doing this I squeezed the orange juice too hard and spilt it all over the floor, then I dropped a whole big pot of yoghurt, spurting it all over me and the floor and the fridge. Nice!

Huffle and I had lunch together and we watched a series about people moving to Spain and France and working there. Very interesting.

This afternoon I prepared dinner (Roast), made a Banana Loaf with my old bananas and an Apple Crumble with some slightly bruised apples. I also finished off a load of washing and drying and even managed to get some on the line. What a productive day.

Today the temperature started off at -2 (feels like -5) with sunshine and a bit of light snow and then temperatures got to around +4. The boys came home and had had a good day. Both did a chore then went on their tablets. No piano lesson today as MrsPiano's daughter had an accident yesterday and she had to take her to hospital.

We all had dinner and then we took the boys to the nearby forest where they did a hike with the Cubs and Scouts. They built stretchers out of the wood lying around the forest floor and went for a night hike. They both had fun despite them not liking that particular forest. Huffle and I took full advantage and also went for a walk there. We left the boys with their leaders and waked 4.2km around the forest. The sun was starting to go down and by the end it was dark. We were asked to be at the entrance for 7:45pm just in case and we were there by 7:40pm. 25 minutes later, they came out! In the meantime we sat on a fence just next to the car park. Three cars came to pick up their little ones and those three cars sat idling with their engines running and their car radios turned up high. My language was blue as I tried to explain, to no-one as they were happily cocooned in their oversized warm cars, how bad it was for the environment and how much we were not enjoying taking in their car fumes instead of the beautiful forest air. Have Canadians not heard how much damage a running idle engine is? Do they not care about their children's futures?

 

No comments: