Monday 28 March 2016

Spring Blows Away

One day beautiful sunshine, the next dull, rainy, snowy and incredibly windy. Typical! Around 3am in the night we had an horrendous storm (which wasn't forecast I have to say). Huge rumbles of thunder that woke the whole house and the house didn't like it. I'm sure I felt it move a few times. Huffle stuffed himself under the pillow and mumbled every expletive known to man, though to be fair, he stayed put and didn't disappear into the snowboard cupboard. I did the normal counting every time the lightning struck until the thunder rumbled so I could work out how far away the thunder was. It started out above our heads (I never told Huffle this) and very slowly edged itself away thank goodness. I didn't like it. I went to check on the boys. Smallest was fine and wondered what all the fuss was about as usual and Small was snuggled under his duvet, not liking it but being brave.

Of course having a considerable amount of time awake during the worst part of our sleeping pattern made us all a little impatient and grumpy today. Huffle and I got up late and I have no idea what time the boys got up but they were happily watching The Simpsons when I emerged.

Breakfast was eaten. Scrabble was played by Smallest and me (he beat me the little bugger, though to be fair, my letters were all vowels, z, j, x etc and I helped him make the best of his by showing him where to place them). The kids played on the Wii for the rest of the morning and they had lunch in front of The Simpsons movie while Huffle and I tried to get our IPads working. Since the new update we can't get channel 4, Netflix and the IPads are generally behaving badly.

The boys got on with their KubKars and we had to call Grandad for assistance. They are getting there but they need a lot of nudging to get them finished.

Our Sears Actifry was delivered today we tried it out for dinner by making chips in it which we had with lasagne. Very nice, crispy, not greasy but possibly just enough for the four of us and no more but a good purchase considering Sears paid for most of it.

After dinner, with the kids running wild, I insisted we all go for a walk, despite the 50km winds and rain. We walked along the train track as Huffle has never been before (too risky for him) and we picked up some scrap metal as Huffle wants to make a metal robot for the garden. We crossed the busy main road and kept walking until it was nearly Smallest's bedtime, then we turned around and came home. That blew the cobwebs away.

 

No comments: